Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #1

Toad

Hi, we're looking to get a car tow Hitch. Looking at the blue ox. Is that the one to get? Opinions please! Thank you!
Elaine17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine17 View Post
Hi, we're looking to get a car tow Hitch. Looking at the blue ox. Is that the one to get? Opinions please! Thank you!
I have a blue ox, it's easy to use and they have everything you need such as plates ,lights, safety cables and everything you would need. Check etrailer they will spell out anything you would need. Roadmaster is also good, look at them both, but I liked the blue ox better.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #3
DW's 401(k) Plan

If I were to do mine over. I would go with the Ready Brute Elite tow bar. Presently, I have a Blue Ox Alpha with the NSA Ready Brake. However, I do have a Blue Ox base plate. Did our setup ourselves and saved a boatload of $$$. Some people like different brake setups, but for my purposes, the Ready Brake works fine.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine17 View Post

I have no experience with Blue Ox although it seems it's a popular brand. I went with Roadmaster 5 years ago and have been very happy my set-up. Roadmaster Falcon 2 towbar and base plate, Roadmaster Invisibrake supplemental tow vehicle braking system and Roadmaster steering stabilizer. I especially like the Invisibrake, such a no hassle system.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:42 PM   #5

I have a blue ox base plate on my Jeep with the NSA ready brute elite tow bar/brake. I love it!
mtnjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:16 PM   #6

We are happy with the Blue Ox and Patriot Brake system. Make sure you get the correct baseplate for your vehicle and make sure your tow bar is properly rated. We went with the 6500 lb Alpha because we knew we would be towing lighter vehicles, but if there’s any chance you are/will be towing heavier go with the 10,000 lb tow bar.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:08 PM   #7

i went with the ready brute elite to tow both of my jeeps. they have all the clever to match what ever base plate you have or they will custom make one for your set up. i blue ox mounts a currie base plate on my 4dr. simple as they get. on my 2dr JK i have a smitty built bumper and tow off the D rings, which ready brute custom made the clevises to match the D-rings $90. i just switch clevises to match the vehicle. you will not be disappointed with ready brute

Tags
toad