Old 02-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #11
I prefer the notion of the dolly because less stuff to modify on my toad that will impact it's resale value. Less wear and tear on the drivetrain, and two tires that won't be traveling as far as all the others, so less wear on my tires.

carlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:57 PM   #12
Tow dolly is more work, strapping down tires but works with any front wheel drive vehicle. 4 down with braking system cost twice what I paid for dolly but am very happy with 4 down. Would not go back to dolly. We keep vehicles along time so worth the investment. Looking at a lot of sites that are back in which is a serious PITA with a dolly.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:23 PM   #13
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker
depends; Are you fitting what you already own or what your going to get? When at the campground where do stow the dolly? Do you have to install an oil pump to flat tow or pull a fuse. Lot of variables. I heard Blue Ox is the best
Don & Dona W/yorkies Gizmo, Master Chief, & Tali
2011 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS 2015 Ford 6.7 XLT
2010 Full Timers & Still Going
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:01 PM   #14
We have tow dolly that has a folding tongue. We have not had any problems stowing at CG's. Once folded it fits nicely behind RV. Our dolly also has the surge brakes, we have not found any problems (we have a class c), but will keep any eye out for stress.
CJnDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:42 AM   #15
If I was just traveling back and forth to Florida one a year a tow dolly would be fine. But since I travel all over while I flat tow, more than once I got into a situation were I had to unhook to turn around. Flat towing, I can unhook and turn around in a few minutes. Just hang all the cables on the rear of the MH temporarily. With a tow dolly it will be much harder to deal with. Since I installed everything necessary to flat tow on my S-10, cost wasn't as big of a factor of me.

RandyLee is offline   Reply With Quote