Old 10-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #1

tow hitch added to the back of my TT

I would like to know if anyone has added a tow hitch to their TT. I would like to pull a box trailer behind my TT to carry very light thinks in it that are too big to fit into the TT. I think I can add a hitch if the frame is 1/4" thick

Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
Villa Estate 392FLFB

all depends on your trailer and wiring.

Lots do it to put bike racks etc back there.

Check with your state/province and the ones you travel through to see if 2 trailers is allowed.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant

first, you need to post the brand/model of your TT. is it an ultra-lite framed TT?
if it is, you'll void the frame's warranty by doing this. this kind of trailer frame isn't even strong enough to support a bouncing bike rack.

also, double towing is not allowed in some states and there's a length limit in those states that do allow it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
first, you need to post the brand/model of your TT. is it an ultra-lite framed TT?
if it is, you'll void the frame's warranty by doing this. this kind of trailer frame isn't even strong enough to support a bouncing bike rack.

also, double towing is not allowed in some states and there's a length limit in those states that do allow it.
Bikendan I have a FR Salam 30KQBSS i was not going to use the stock bumper, because the bumper is only 3/16 thick and will not evev carry the generators ( 2 Hondas 2000 ). I was think of adding a hitch under the stock bumper if the frame was thick enough. I do not have the TT here right now. It is in the shop getting warranty work done for the outside kitchen top needs replaced. As far as the towing goes the states that i plan to travel will allow random tow. Most states total length 65' the shortest is 60'. No brake assist on the second trailer undar 1500 lbs.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Moderators' Assistant

you need to contact your dealer to find out if you can add a receiver to the frame, without voiding the frame's warranty. i don't know if your Salem has an ultra-lite frame.

i would see if your dealer would do it. that way if something happens, they'll have to say they approved doing it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote