Old 05-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by campfan View Post
I would like to know where this chart originated from – have seen it several times but have not been able to find it anywhere. Does it take into consideration for sway control/ weight distribution? I would really like to see some back up documentation on the source.
This means a crew cab 2011 Chevy crew cab dually with long bed has a wheel base of 167.7” and can only pull a 34’ trailer?
No attack on you – just want to know.
This chart was posted on a guy's RV website that was shut down several years ago due some copyright allegations with a corporate is hard to go up against the big guys.

As far as I know there is no documentation. That is why I used "hypothetical", "recognized", and "regulation" in my reply. Gotta start somewhere.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #12
thanks for the info- I have seen others on the forum post this is if it were law, which is the reason i would like to know its origin. would hate to see someone get a trailer that is shorter than what they want - but of course with in weights- because of a possibly outdated chart.
and i do agree gotta start somewhere...can't anything in the owners manual about trailer lenghts

thanks for the 411

campfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #13
I don't put much stock in all of these charts. Our Dodge 2500 quad cab, 8' foot bed can pull much more than a 32' trailer. One of the service guys at our dealership pulls his 32' camper with a full size van, which is a lot shorter than our truck. Our owners manual states we can pull 10,000 pounds. Doesn't say anything about the length whatsoever.
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #14
At one time I was pulling a 50' 4 car carrier behind a 99 gmc 4door long bed dually. and also had a 45' 3 car carrier behind a 99 gmc ext. cab long bed dually. these where gooseneck trailers, not sure if that makes a difference in length to wheelbase. I know a lot of auto transports use these combo's everyday coast to coast. I know DOT raise eyebrows with these set ups as well, the 50' deal loaded scaled just under 16,000lbs had to watch what 4 cars where loaded.

99 F250 Super Cab Short Bed 7.3 Powerstroke
84 24' Yellowstone Camino (oldie)
Acableguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote