Old 03-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #21
A 5 er or a tag....longer wheel base is always safer!!! and better for learn to drive it around town....I agree with it being a little big....but I would think you would have a car for that operation....we use our crew cab 8 ft bed for towing and truck stuff....we put both of our full size bicycles in the back seat area...and one is a long frame townie....we remove the front wheels...that way don t have to fool around with bike racks....we have ionic fold up cover for bed of truck that folds
two times and provides a covered space behind the cab where our generator and other stuff rides....cover also fits in basement in pass thru, but we never put it there except in unusal situations.....tractor trailers as they swarm by me on interstate are not even noticable.....x wind up to 25 mph not even noticable unless gusting badly..
I am very satisfied with crew/long bed and just take up two parking spaces as far no complaints.....good luck.....I guess it all depends on the person.

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #22
I use a chevy Cobalt for my everyday driver. 30mpg
The truck only comes out to tow the 5er or go to home depot etc.
Id love to drive the P/U every day, its so much more comfortable & handles so much better than anything else we have but that would be about $150/week vs $30/week.

Dave, Judy & Daisy May
Perkasie, PA
2010 Sierra 356RL
2011 Silverado 2500 4WD, LT, Ext Cab, LB
Duramax 6.6L V8 Turbo Diesel
Allison 1000 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
3 Happy Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #23
Might as well throw my 2 cents worth in here. I love the 8 foot bed because I can haul full sheets of plywood or whatever, when I want to. My extended cab (Ford calls it a supercab) is home for the pup and he loves it. Added benefit ...the DW won't even think about driving this truck (she put a paint scrape down the side of my last truck).

2012 F350 Lariat Supercab DRW LWB Diesel
Reese Elite 18K - Trailair Triglide
2014 Sanibel 3500 - everything but the generator!
Popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote