Old 02-16-2014, 10:36 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
You would get the best answer on a Chevy truck forum from owners that have had your type of truck for many years. I have owned my Diesel for 10 years and I would swear that it 'sounds' different every time I get in it. Sometimes smooth as silk and sometimes rattles and rocks. Pulling a load will change your RPMs and shift points a little. Have you had a chance to change your oil and fuel filter out for new? The Diesel fuel is a winter blend and will change things a little. Does your truck have a Chip or Tuner? There are different tow modes that will in a sense change 'the sound' of your diesel. You may have to pull your valve covers and re torque your rocker arms and injectors. There are many other little tweeks that may need to happen that the former owner has not kept up on.Don't know a whole lot about your Duramax, but I know that it is a very fine engine and truck. Learn as much as you can from a Chevy forum and you will be having a perma grin all of the time....
I used to experience this with my 99 psd until I installed a fuel recirculation kit which also raised the fuel pressure to 65 psi.....90% gone now.f I installed that when I pulled the turbo to install the wicked wheel II and what a diff that made in performance but quieted the turbo down too.

'99 f350, quad cab long box, dually, 6 speed manual, gently mod'd.
2011 wolf pack 295 with full susp now!
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote

tow vehicle