Old 06-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Not sure if "All-Terrain" i.e. for off-road use is the "Best" for everyone. A/T tires are nosier and will deliver worse mpg than a "Highway All Season" i.e. rib design. BUT if you have a 4x4 and will be driving off-road with your TT and need Load Range E then you are stuck with very limited choice for tires.
I've used them and they are almost as quiet as my all season tires. My current tires are the Firestone Transforce ATs and they are just as quiet myichelin LTX2s. My last 3/4 Diesel came with ATs from the factory and were quiet. We are driving trucks, not Caddies. LOL.

If he wants to go E load in that tire size, he is very limited and the BFG is a great tire.

2014 V-Cross Platinum 365VTSB (Bought Labor Day 2014)
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Stock for now.
Days Camped 2015: 17
Days Camped 2016: 28 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:58 PM   #12
Usually Confused Member
As I mentioned in another thread, go to any of the truck internet boards and you will find many comments about how bad the SRA tires are. They are more suited for a passenger car. I've had them on two new trucks and changed to E-loads. The improvement in sideways stability is amazing.

The manufacturers use them because they are cheap.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #13
I've got over 52k miles on my SRA's now...getting ready to replace...maybe with same tire, maybe Michelin LTX m/s2...tread wear has been perfectly even with 40 psi cold and rotating every 10k. Towing a 21' trailer with no mushiness at all. $.02...

2016 Microlite 21DS
2014 Ram 1500 QC 6 cyl. 8 spd.
Blue Ox SwayPro
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote

tire, tires, tow vehicle