Old 09-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Originally Posted by Walke View Post
You will be great, your Ford is rated at 9700 lbs, I checked. My Lacrosse tows great and meets the weight regulations. The Equilizer Hitch will serve you well.
The Hensley Hitch is the best, it ties your trailer in a way that makes it feel like your towing a fifth wheel, but very expensive. A refurbished or used Hensley would be the way to go.
If you spend 10 months of the year going to get the groceries with your truck a 3/4 ton is an over kill. Unless you have the need to go 75 mph at all times when travelling with your trailer.
doesn't the 20 inch wheels bring down the weight rating from the number you posted ?

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #12
Hi, we just purchased a 2012 308RES. Reading all the posts on towing, and all the weight, I think I would be ok. I have a 2002 FORD Excursion with the 7.3 turbo diesel. My last trailer was alot lower than the new Lacrosse. Should I set receiver so that the trailer sits level once all the weight is on the hitch, or should I keep the receiver in the same plane as the hitch and let the trailer go down as the weight of the trailer gets on the hitch?

Cossak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
You want to set it up so that the trailer is close to level as possible going down the road.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote