Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2016, 09:07 AM   #41

spock, I'm going to assume your comment is in response to my post. If so, you need to take a poster for exactly what they say. I made a compliment to his truck for what it was...it wasn't a comparison to any other truck. And I certainly wasn't saying it was a replacement for something as capable as yours.

Actually, I haven't read the entire thread. I went back and skimmed. I looked at campfirefun's weight and nothing further. Sure, there may be concerns with other aspects of his towing, but it won't be the engine.

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #42

Don't do it! Not a lot of fun. Not even close to safe.
BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:34 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragusa3 View Post
spock, I'm going to assume your comment is in response to my post. If so, you need to take a poster for exactly what they say. I made a compliment to his truck for what it was...it wasn't a comparison to any other truck. And I certainly wasn't saying it was a replacement for something as capable as yours.

Actually, I haven't read the entire thread. I went back and skimmed. I looked at campfirefun's weight and nothing further. Sure, there may be concerns with other aspects of his towing, but it won't be the engine.

I wasn't making a comment about anything you said. I was in Lincoln NB one time at a Cracker Barrel and I saw a F-150 pulling the biggest camper that Blue Ridge makes, it was amazing. The man that owed the camper said most people had something to say about the tires, he had 20in tires, must have only been about 4in of rubber. But he was happy and so was I, he was leaving and I had just parked. That's why DW and me say a F-150 can pull anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
If something should ever happen to my Silverado 3500 I'm going to get me a FORD F-150, those trucks can pull any size camper.

X2-But it needs a Ecoboost ! 😂🍻

Old 02-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #45
Who Dares, Wins

I thought ford was Co sideline am economist for their SD line.. Larger but still and EB?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, towing, wildwood