Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
There is no mention of a towing package, which would include an auxiliary transmission cooler.....a must when towing an conventional upright camper fighting wind resistance.
in the first post, in the picture, under "Mechanical", it says HD Trailering Equip., along with Trailering Suspension.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:49 AM   #22
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhartzel View Post
According to the Towing Guide from trailerlife.com
Your truck is rated to tow 9600# with the 3.42 axle.
check page 17, lower right corner at the link provided above.
There is always a "Caveat" to these ratings and that is "When Properly Equipped." Many options available "for looks" subtract from the tow rating. Fancy wheels and 20 inch tires have a negative impact on tow rating (if memory serves).
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #23

The tires are Eagle LS-2’s. P275/55R20. I called Toyo yesterday and talked with a lady about my tires and towing. She explained that the tires on my truck (original) might be the best for what I want to do. I was asking her that when they wear out if I should go to an LT tire. After much discussion she said in the end she would stay with the P tires and run them to max pressure (45 psi) when towing. If I went to LT’s I would be giving up comfort for peace of mind (which may not be real). She however repeated that my question was the most common asked and they recommend you stay with the manufacture’s original choice on the truck. When I wear these out, I will do more research on the benefits of switching to LT’s if there are any. I have not towed with this vehicle yet to test the P tires.
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #24

Youroo, our first trip this year will be to the Tadpole rally on the river. I trust I can count on you for emotional support, if needed, with my new TV and it’s tires?
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote