Old 04-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Towing - Do you leave kitchen table up or down?

I have a pedestal (w/ 2 legs) kitchen table in my 26TBUD. Is it ok to tow with it up or should I collapse the table and store the legs for travel? I can't seem to find anything in the manual and when it was delivered the table was in the "down" position. I didn't know if the bumping around and rocking would fatigue the metal or it would possible pop-off the legs.

Does it matter?

brianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
I asked that very same question when I 1st got my 2008 Surveyor. The consensus that I got was that is was OK to travel with the table setup.....of course with no plates or silverware on top. So far after about 4000 miles, no problem. I do make sure it is tight in the pockets before traveling.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
AKA Bluebird
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
I've done it both ways. Down gives you better "instant" storage when moving from place to place.
Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
Now a "Top Member"
My TT had one, and it stayed up for 5 years I had it. I actually never even thought about it. It was just always up.
Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2011 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
My old Wildwood had a 2 pedestal mount. It always stayed up. The new Flagstaff has one of those folding types. When the table is in the eating position , its 3" higher than the window along side. No way that floppy table is going to be in the upright position when traveling!
Cinrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
Tried puting it down a few times for travel. the problem is it is very difficult to get it to be solid again after you put it up. both our previous and current trailers we travel with it up, no issues at all and we have a "sunroom" dining area (full window and sky lights by the dinette), the window extends down past the table.
02 Ford Excursion V-10 4.30 gears 5 Star Tuner Y-pipe mod Hellwig sway bar Rear Airbags
Prodigy and Dual Cam
07 Cherokee 32B
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
I leave ours up, but scoot it all the way to the one seat edge, then lean it over onto the other seat's cushion. So far, it always stays that way when traveling. Randy
/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
Always leave it up, no issues, besides it makes it simple to stop and eat lunch anywhere along the drive
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #9
We have one of those tri-fold finger pinching tables. Although I have been putting it in the 'sleeping' position (a whopping 2 trips with our new trailer); I'm thinking about putting it in the bunk room so that we can walk past it while the slide is in.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #10
Like Flyrotor said. Cause eating is always a good thing. Ours is seldom down as it has a nice snug fit and I would like to keep it that way. By the way you could leave the dishes on the table if you used a couple of drops of super glue on the bottom of each one. Old Guys

new avatar of Dodge T V coming eventually
old guys is offline   Reply With Quote