Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2015, 09:34 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Calling me a liar?


2015 RAM 3500 CCSB CUMMINS
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
You say avoid the EB because they consistently have major issues. Every actual EB owner on FRF is relaying a different story. Most have many towing miles with no problems-though there have been a few issues reported over the years. I guess it's gotten to the point where those reading can choose to believe your or everyone else. I'll just leave it at that.
__________________

__________________
dustman_stx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
Sure.
Your sample pool is very small.
Rv owners.
RV owners that have a FR.
Rv owners that have a FR and are on here.
Rv owners that have a FR, are here and have an ecoboost.
Small pool eh?

Yup. Well just leave it at that.


2015 RAM 3500 CCSB CUMMINS
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
__________________

__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Sure.
Your sample pool is very small.
Rv owners.
RV owners that have a FR.
Rv owners that have a FR and are on here.
Rv owners that have a FR, are here and have an ecoboost.
Small pool eh?

Yup. Well just leave it at that.


2015 RAM 3500 CCSB CUMMINS
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
So you arrived at your conclusion by doing a nationwide poll of all EB owners? Well, I guess you'd have to do a poll including all Canadian and US owners. You yourself mentioned that the issues would be more prominent with those using the EB for heavy service. (Well, you actually said the Cummins issues would be more common because they were used for heavy service, so we'll apply that same logic here) RV towing is about as heavy as it gets. So, theoretically, users here on the forums should have a much higher occurrence of issues than the general population. Therefore, if you know anything about statistics, my sample should actually tilt the results even more toward your conclusion than a random sample of the entire population- even more reason to doubt the validity of the claims that this is a major and common issue.
__________________
dustman_stx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
I thought we were leaving it done??

Here's another small sample then.

My students do a four month practicum at dealerships for the automotive program I teach.

I have students at 3 Ford dealers.

In the last 4 months, I have seen 4 eb engines torn down for timing chains. All with less than 50km on them.

Would you agree that might be an issue?


2015 RAM 3500 CCSB CUMMINS
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
steelpony5555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 204
Uhhhhhh my brother was a lead tech at a large Ford garage......told me to never buy an EB....nothing but trouble....course I can't say it in his words lol lol something about them being pieces of (blank)......
__________________
From Central Texas
2014 Cedar Creek Silverback 29IK
2010 Dodge Laramie 3500 Dually
My Steelpony....2007 HD Ultra Classic...done up in a memorial to the 343 firefighters who died 9/11
Never Ever Forget....yes I was a Volunteer FF for 20 years........
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:02 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oro Valley AZ
Posts: 251
2013 F150 EB here. Towing 7500#. 50,000 miles with 22,000 towing. No problems, Love that EcoBoost!



It also fits in a garage at home. A plus for me.

Jack
__________________
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:11 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
I thought we were leaving it done??

Here's another small sample then.

My students do a four month practicum at dealerships for the automotive program I teach.

I have students at 3 Ford dealers.

In the last 4 months, I have seen 4 eb engines torn down for timing chains. All with less than 50km on them.

Would you agree that might be an issue?


2015 RAM 3500 CCSB CUMMINS
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
I left my comments about you being a liar at that. Not sure how you interpreted that to mean I would no longer discuss the EB engine, but I digress. Yes, you already stated this about your students. Not sure how you interpret 3 local Ford dealers to be a more inclusive sample space than a forum open to users worldwide. Your experience there is not indicative of the experience with anyone I've known, myself nor the vast number of users on the forums. And that's not much of a control group, either- especially considering we know nothing of the history on the use and care of these trucks. I venture that if I were teaching kids that were working at the local Dodge dealer they'd see some Cummins issues as well. Or any other make/model/engine you could name.
__________________
dustman_stx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,427
Another non owner saying they are junk followed by an actual owner saying they love theirs. I'm seeing a theme developing here.
__________________
dustman_stx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 1,118
Can we get back to the original conversation?
__________________
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Sandpiper 25RLS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Mountndream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperboy View Post
If you are towing a fiver with your ecoboost please give me some info:

what trailer are you towing (length, height, and weight)

What gear ratio does your truck have?

How fast do you drive?

What kind of fuel economy do you get?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
If you get the 150 EcoBoost, make sure you get the "max tow package" and "trailer package" This will put you up to the max limits that Ford has for the 150 EcoBoost.

I drive between 65 and 70 MPH, MPG are around 8.5-9.

But like I've always said, if your worried about gas mileage you shouldn't be in the RV group. Just go get a small Smart car and enjoy those high miles per gallon.
Rig's in the Sig
I get ~11MPG towing flat & ~9MPG in the hills
I never exceed 65MPH (Max speed of trailer tires) Typically I will set the cruise control on 63 and just go--flat, up or down hills. The EcoBoost has a really nice engine brake that works well maintaining speed going down the hills.
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecoboost, towing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.