Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
I keep hearing how great these little engines are and how the out preform V8s and even some say they tow like diesel so why don't they put them in HD trucks? They announced the engine line for the 2017 HD still no EB. They did announce that there will be a V10 option in 2017.
__________________

__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:26 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
2013 F150 EB here. Towing 7500#. 50,000 miles with 22,000 towing. No problems, Love that EcoBoost!



It also fits in a garage at home. A plus for me.

Jack
My F350 1 ton is shorter than F150 Crew Cab and fits fine in my garage. Matter A Fact the F150 Crew Cab won't fit in my garage.
__________________

__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:29 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
I keep hearing how great these little engines are and how the out preform V8s and even some say they tow like diesel so why don't they put them in HD trucks? They announced the engine line for the 2017 HD still no EB. They did announce that there will be a V10 option in 2017.
Because Ford doesn't consider the EB as a "heavy duty" motor.

Its the same reason GM still uses the 6.0 iron block Vortec in their HD trucks and not the 6.2 aluminum block Ecotec.

It's all good until the EPA sticks its nose a little deeper into HD trucks, and that day is coming.

You also get more with heavy duty trucks than just heavy duty engines such as heavier frames, brakes, drive line components, gear, etc. Its not all about HP, torque, and fuel mileage but for some reason that is the only things most people consider.
__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
Here is the tsb.
Pays 9 hours, so customer pay will be closer to 12.
The only saving grace, is the fact that it's covered under emissions!!
So that's 8 years 100k miles.

http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/at...tsb14-0194.pdf


2015 RAM 3500 CCSB CUMMINS
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Because Ford doesn't consider the EB as a "heavy duty" motor.

Its the same reason GM still uses the 6.0 iron block Vortec in their HD trucks and not the 6.2 aluminum block Ecotec.

It's all good until the EPA sticks its nose a little deeper into HD trucks, and that day is coming.

You also get more with heavy duty trucks than just heavy duty engines such as heavier frames, brakes, drive line components, gear, etc. Its not all about HP, torque, and fuel mileage but for some reason that is the only things most people consider.
x2
__________________
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:48 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Because Ford doesn't consider the EB as a "heavy duty" motor.

Its the same reason GM still uses the 6.0 iron block Vortec in their HD trucks and not the 6.2 aluminum block Ecotec.

It's all good until the EPA sticks its nose a little deeper into HD trucks, and that day is coming.

You also get more with heavy duty trucks than just heavy duty engines such as heavier frames, brakes, drive line components, gear, etc. Its not all about HP, torque, and fuel mileage but for some reason that is the only things most people consider.
X2

Also an F250/350 weighs 1500-1800lbs more. That would drop the mpgs down. Now add that extra weight while towing and you won't get that great performance you do with a lighter 1/2 ton. More mass to move.
__________________
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:52 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Here is the tsb.
Pays 9 hours, so customer pay will be closer to 12.
The only saving grace, is the fact that it's covered under emissions!!
So that's 8 years 100k miles.

http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/at...tsb14-0194.pdf


2015 RAM 3500 CCSB CUMMINS
2016 Sabre 36QBOK

Holy F#&^$K Batman................

Off topic but I had a 2013 EB Company ride which developed a carbon build up misfire @ 64K.........Dealer wanted $3000+ to repair and Ford was resisting repairing it under any warranty. The Ford zone rep said it would happen again. The company traded it on the 5.0 F150 I am driving now. Curiously two other EB's the company has now have the carbon issue, I believe they are 2014's.
__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
X2

Also an F250/350 weighs 1500-1800lbs more. That would drop the mpgs down. Now add that extra weight while towing and you won't get that great performance you do with a lighter 1/2 ton. More mass to move.
That was part of my point that many on here say they make more HP and Torque than a V8. Shouldn't they move that large mass better and get better performance than a V8 with lower Torque and HP?

I for one would like it if they would give that option of the EB in the HD's but I don't think we will ever see the current line up of up EB ever put into the HD's. Maybe in the future Ford will develop a EB that can take the duty cycle required in the HD market.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:11 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperboy View Post
I have a 1 ton right now. My arms can't take the wear and tear of the constant movement of the steering wheel on rough roads.
Then why not spend a few dollars dixing what you have?
__________________
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:21 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Holy F#&^$K Batman................

Off topic but I had a 2013 EB Company ride which developed a carbon build up misfire @ 64K.........Dealer wanted $3000+ to repair and Ford was resisting repairing it under any warranty. The Ford zone rep said it would happen again. The company traded it on the 5.0 F150 I am driving now. Curiously two other EB's the company has now have the carbon issue, I believe they are 2014's.

Carbon build up is very common on all direct injection engines.



2015 RAM 3500 CCSB CUMMINS
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
__________________

__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecoboost, towing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 AM.