Old 01-23-2013, 04:12 AM   #31

I bought the slide over tow mirrors for the F150 from Ford dealer. They are easy to put on (slide over the existing mirrors and fit tightly, easy to take off and allowed me to see behind our Jayco travel trailer. We also have the strap on tow mirros for use on our midsized SUV which worked but not attractive as the ones made for the Ford. The Nissan Titan has extendable tow mirrors that are super but they do stick out more (even when not extended) so I am very careful when going down (or parking on) tight traffic filled streets where it commonly happens that off street parked vehicles often lose their mirrors from being clipped by passing vehicles. The Titan's mirrors would be expensive to replace as the are power with the defrosters in them too but I do love the visual aid!

Hey Jeeplj8 - I know my DH would understand you as he is a retired bubblehead

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:23 AM   #32

I have the slide on ones for my 2012 toyota tundra .they work great. And you get to see behind the trailer better going down the road.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #33
Site Team

You could try the slide on type and see how they work out. You could always sell them and upgrade to the towing mirrors later if need be.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #34

I have a 2010 tundra and towed my first year with the ciba's. got tired of the time it took to mount them and that bar kept getting out of the groove when you turned the knob to tighten. The mirrors are pretty small and dont give a great view but better than nothing and you could not fold them in when mounted

The tundra has multiple mirror options depending on you model. Some are heated , power adjust, power fold etc and the connection is different for each. I have the SR5 and cannot add the power fold unless i rewired. Just something to keep in mind

I got lucky and was getting an oil change at the dealer and asked about the tow mirrors. They said many dont like and buy the stock mirrors instead. They happened to have a passenger side one that was left by such a person. When i inquired on price he told me that if i bought the drivers side he would give it to me. So i did. Mine are just the heated/power adjust but i can fold them in. Glad that i got them. Much easier and a better view

Oh and if anyone needs stock (heated power adjustable) tundra mirrors i will gladly sell mine for a good price
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #35
Don't Camp Enough

I have a 2010 Tundra and opted for the tow mirrors from the dealer. Like them very much.
I traded in a 2004 Tundra that I used slide on mirrors. Those mirrors whistled sometimes and vibrated at other times.
Not sorry that I upgraded.

DSMURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by leencharlotte View Post
I have a 2010 tundra and towed my first year with the ciba's. got tired of the time it took to mount them and that bar kept getting out of the groove when you turned the knob to tighten. The mirrors are pretty small and dont give a great view but better than nothing and you could not fold them in when mounted

The tundra has multiple mirror options depending on you model. Some are heated , power adjust, power fold etc and the connection is different for each. I have the SR5 and cannot add the power fold unless i rewired. Just something to keep in mind

I got lucky and was getting an oil change at the dealer and asked about the tow mirrors. They said many dont like and buy the stock mirrors instead. They happened to have a passenger side one that was left by such a person. When i inquired on price he told me that if i bought the drivers side he would give it to me. So i did. Mine are just the heated/power adjust but i can fold them in. Glad that i got them. Much easier and a better view

Oh and if anyone needs stock (heated power adjustable) tundra mirrors i will gladly sell mine for a good price
I have the heated power adjustable tow mirrors and just love them when towing. It is nice to be able to fold them when necessary too. There is a little more sound noise when not towing but not a big deal. Biggest problem is that I am a 5'2 girl so seeing over the mirrors (when not extended) is a bit challenging. I have learn to learn forward to see if anyone is at the other stop sign before moving on.

I sold the original mirrors from my truck that were only 3 days old on CraigsList to a guy that had towing mirrors but wanted regular mirrors. LOL...if only I knew that ahead of time.

I liked the CIPA mirrors especially for the price but found that they would stop adjusting easily. This became a problem especially after cracking both mirrors. Never could get that piece to stay in place while sliding the mirror in place so I ended giving up.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #37

Just had a thought, since the CIPA mirrors has a difficulty seeing the complete passenger side of the trailers, I am going to add one of those little round convex mirrors to the CIPA mirror, to help with more visibilty
Days camped in 2015, 0 Days so far (0)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #38

Check out these: Cipa USA Toyota 11301 Towing Mirror 11302 Towing Mirrors | eBay
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #39

Those are exactly what I am looking. They seem to be ok.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
Just had a thought, since the CIPA mirrors has a difficulty seeing the complete passenger side of the trailers, I am going to add one of those little round convex mirrors to the CIPA mirror, to help with more visibilty
I did that with mine as well when i had them. Got the ones you can rotate for $2-3 at walmart. I put them on the truck mirrors as the Cipas are small