Old 09-04-2015, 07:42 PM   #31
Lon

Hey you roo..... No worries! I'm happy as a clam. Pulling my little camper around the country has given me more joy than almost anything I've done I am always incredibly amazed by the expertise on this site and am always very grateful. I'm afraid my attempt to lend a little humor by sharing some of my embarrassing moments has offended u in some way and for that I am very sorry. I actually used all the information very kindly shared on this thread in the purchase of my new hitch which does indeed have a sway bar. As mtnguy mentioned I've just ordered some smaller bars to accommodate my light camper. At the risk of sounding redundant thanks again to all who lent their expertise. In the words of Cat Stevens..."We r old but we r happy." :-)

Old 01-11-2016, 01:24 PM   #32

Of course you need a WDH. I recommend the E2 hitch which incorporates sway control as well as weight distribution. As for the safety chains dragging, be sure you are crossing them, that way they will catch the tongue of your trailer if it should detach from your tow vehicle.

2009 Rockwood 2701SS
2008 Tundra Crewmax 5.7
bob7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #33
Lon

Thanks. I have indeed added a WDH and it makes a world if difference. Pulling the camper is now a little boring by comparison to my pre hitch days. Next trip is to CallowAy Gardens at Smith Mountain Georgia. Life is good.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:35 AM   #34

Enjoy your new camper !! Might keep and I on the trailer tires. They are normally the cheapest they find. Drive slow and enjoy the camping have fun !!!

Hensley Cub hitch ,
jlgail4309 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing