Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
Yes.

And if you can fit 6 Large fellows into a half tom and you are overweight...you need a new 1/2 ton...

Round here, we call that "gardener style"...

And BTW- my "sensitivity" is ALWAYS in question.
6 guys at 250- which is NOT uncommon- would exceed the GVWR of the majority of 1/2 tons out there at 1500 lbs. My 2013 F150 4x4 SCrew XLT had a payload of 13xx. And we're talking XLT- pretty much all Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum models will be lower. Ram's are even worse. Check out the payload on a 1500 Mega Cab. Many of those - and some of the fully loaded GM and Ford versions- have less than 1K in CCC. Now you're talking about being overloaded with only 4 big guys. I've even seen 3/4 tons that have a CCC of only around 1500lbs. That's before the bigger wheels and tires and huge steel front and rear bumpers. I'd venture that a lot of the heavily modded 3/4 ton trucks are close to GVWR just sitting there, especially if they've got an auxiliary fuel tank in the bed full of diesel like I see all the time around here.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #22

Are you sure fresh water holding tank is in rear?
Any of the signature rockwood ultra-lite 8312ss I have found have a heavier uvw weight with a 900 to 1000lb of tongue weight ratings that create challenges for tv and wd hitch adjustment. I would check parts labels on hitch to assure weight ratings on bars and recheck adjustments to hitch setup and placement of L brackets on trailer Their support phone number will answer phone for support questions. Ultra and extra lite terms can't always be taken at face value. If the tail is still wagging the dog recheck tires on tow vehicle for proper load and inflation Good luck the bars on this hitch provide the sway control when aligned correctly, don't make the mistake of lubricating them at L bar contact.
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:50 PM   #23

My camper is 25 foot and only 4500 dry weight, My 07 Yukon XL and WDH with Sway bar keeps it straight and my traction is good but the power and gearing just isnt enough. Love the truck but its built for cruising not towing. it will get me by for the 6-7 trips we take each some with in a few hours of home.

Hopefully in a few years i will go to a 3/4 ton of some sort.
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
6 guys at 250- which is NOT uncommon- would exceed the GVWR of the majority of 1/2 tons out there at 1500 lbs. My 2013 F150 4x4 SCrew XLT had a payload of 13xx. And we're talking XLT- pretty much all Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum models will be lower. Ram's are even worse. Check out the payload on a 1500 Mega Cab. Many of those - and some of the fully loaded GM and Ford versions- have less than 1K in CCC. Now you're talking about being overloaded with only 4 big guys. I've even seen 3/4 tons that have a CCC of only around 1500lbs. That's before the bigger wheels and tires and huge steel front and rear bumpers. I'd venture that a lot of the heavily modded 3/4 ton trucks are close to GVWR just sitting there, especially if they've got an auxiliary fuel tank in the bed full of diesel like I see all the time around here.
Here are the specs.
Don't know where you are getting your info.
Scroll down to page 33.

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/...stalCode=92618

The LOWEST rating on a supercrew is 1510. (enough for 6 250 lb guys- I would love to see a picture of that)
That is a V6 (non turbo) 4x4 short bed. 4x4 will add about 400-800 lbs to a rig.

Most of them are much higher.
My 04 XLT 4x4 V8 was rated at 3000 lbs. And I usually carried about 2k plus 400 hitch.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #25

We have the Denali which has the 6.2 in it. I don't have a problem with power. I think I will be purchasing a wdh with 4 pt hookup. I have a buddy who pulled a similar setup to our this wekend and did great with it. Hope that will solve park of my problems.
simty04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:00 AM   #26
DDC

https://hensleymfg.com
This will cure your problem and make towing relaxed and effortless.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:12 PM   #27

Change to a ProPride 3P hitch, it will tow with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
larryscsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:18 PM   #28

The ProPride is an updated version of the HA.
https://youtu.be/0FsRXjI8W6o

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
larryscsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing