Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2014, 07:42 PM   #41
Resident Masshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by J007 View Post
Let me just start out by saying, when Ford says Limited, they mean limited.

So my question is, do you think we will be fine with this trailer towing it with such a LIMITED paylod left on truck?

Thanks in advance for your advise.
I had similar numbers with my Roo 23SS and my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew. Fully loaded (except fresh water) I was at 200 lbs over my rear axle weight.

But when it came time to get a new truck, I went up to a 3/4 ton. Now I don't worry about payload (including that extra 280 lbs of fresh water).

The only problem I have now is DW realizes a 5th wheel is an option lol
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #42

Ok, tax season is over (yes I am an accountant) and have been looking forward to picking up our new 23IKSS this Friday. It sure made it easier this tax season, as I worked 7 days a week for th last three weeks, knowing that we would be pikcing up our TT as soon as it was over. Thanks again for everyone's advise and will let you know how things work out and will send some pics.
J007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #43

Almost thought we were not going to be able to post pic's tomorrow, after picking up our new TT. Driving in to work this morning, got rear ended on the highway. I was more ticked off about the possibilities of not being able to pick up our new TT than getting hit. I was a couple miles from the Ford delear, so stopped by after I got off the deal trap of a highway I was on and they confired the trailer hitch was fine. Fewwwwwwwww... Now I just need to have the entire pumber replaced next week, but still will have new TT parked at home.
J007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #44
Always Learning

Quote:
Almost thought we were not going to be able to post pic's tomorrow, after picking up our new TT. Driving in to work this morning, got rear ended on the highway. I was more ticked off about the possibilities of not being able to pick up our new TT than getting hit. I was a couple miles from the Ford delear, so stopped by after I got off the deal trap of a highway I was on and they confired the trailer hitch was fine. Fewwwwwwwww... Now I just need to have the entire pumber replaced next week, but still will have new TT parked at home.
That happened to us when we bought our pop-up. Only in our case, it DID delay our picking it up by a couple of weeks!

Glad you and your hitch are OK!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

On many newer Ford trucks (at least the F150s), the bumper is actually attached to the factory receiver hitch. If the bumper is damaged, so may be the receiver hitch. Make sure the hitch is checked out carefully by someone that knows what they are doing.

I got rear ended recently, and there was no apparent damage except to my bargman plug, as apparently most of the impact was absorbed by the hitch. There was no visible damage evident to the hitch, but I still had that replaced as a precaution. The body shop put that on the estimate, and the at-fault insurance company footed the bill.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, f150, towing