Old 04-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #31
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by flugelboneman View Post
Hi Folks,

I am looking to replace our 189fbs Funfinder with a 2304s. I note the heavy tougue weight (700) lbs. on the Rockwood. It is more than twice that of our Funfinder. We will be towing with a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer
first, you don't mention any info on your TB. is it the I-6 or the v-8? is it 4x4 or 4x2? what rear end ratio does it have? does it have the factory tow package?

the hitch weight is that heavy because the queen bed and the sofa are up front. and it'll probably weigh close to 4800lbs on the dealer's lot.

and many of us carry at least a 1/2 tank of fresh water, to be able to use the toilet or faucets, in route. i carry a full tank because i have enough tow capacity and i prefer my home water to what may be available at the campground.

bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #32
You'll be fine.

2009 Ford F250 Super Duty
2008 Flagstaff Ultralite 23FBS with slide out (standard)
2006 H-D Flhxi
2001 H-D Dyna
Honda 2000i
Champion gen 4000
buccello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #33
Ah yes, Harrell. Now I get it. Roughing for us is no cable TV, so we are almost always hooked up to water. Even with the Funfinder, we travel with empty or almost empty tanks. This is a long distance purchase of a 2304s, so I think I will make the deal contingent on a test tow just to be sure. I know a loaded trailer will behave differently again, but towing the beast should tell me a few things anyhow.

as usual, thx to both of you for your input.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #34
OK, here it is: 2008 I6 300 hp engine with 3:42 rear end. 4 by. As mentioned, this vehicle pull Funfinder like a dream in most adverse circumstances e.g. hot weather, high mountain passes. Usually get 12-14 MPG british gallons. The Rockwood 2304s is 4400 lbs dry weight with 678 tongue weight. It is also a foot wider. I would like to hear from anyone pulling this trailer or similar with a trailblazer. We are Canucks dealing long distance with a dealer in Florence Or. who has the Rockwood we very much like. I know I know, we are prepared to deal with warranty issues customs etc. There is a 10,000 dollar saving btwn the two countries. Our Funfinder is sold, and we are prepared to drive to Oregon, and take this baby for a tow spin. If it does not feel good, we will drive home trailerless. When test towing, we will attach equalizer hitch. Any input greatly appreciated as our trip south is imminent.

flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote