Originally Posted by f1100turbo
Actually on gm models I believe newer than 04 the computer will disengage cruise if a tire spins.
As well as some of the later models with active suspension control will kick out cruise if the sensors detect a slide with no will spin.
From the GM manual
Ending Cruise Control
There are four ways to turn off the cruise control:
• Step lightly on the brake pedal,
• move the cruise control switch to off, or
• shift the transmission to NEUTRAL (N).
• If your vehicle has the StabiliTrak® feature, cruise
control will turn off if road conditions cause
StabiliTrak® to activate.
• If the accelerator pedal is held for 60 seconds or
longer, cruise control will turn off.