Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2018, 12:12 PM   #21

I bought my wife her 05 yukon denali (used of course ) she soon talked me into our first trailer (as a married couple) '28 tahoe toyhauler. This trailer fully loaded had the yukon towing at the max rated capacity. We mainly camp in the mountains, but the denali has the 6.0 in it. It was definitely a workout on this rig. But as long as you have your head on straight and watch everything as far as gauges etc. you should be fine. I would definitely advise getting a stabilizer hitch with your purchase tho. (side note) I used this experience to talk the wife into buying my duramax
You will enjoy whatever you go with!
cowboyupgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:28 PM   #22
Sham183

I have a 183 and a TV is a traverse. That total weight of both TT and TV right from the dealer was 9100# with me my wife and 6 year old. That was with full tank of fuel and full propane and WDH all hooked up. We travel pretty light because of the TV and manage to stay around 9700-9800#. Needless to say we will be upgrading our TV soon but it does a ok job for where we go now.

As far as your numbers if you were to get say the 183 or 19 model I think you would be more than fine with your TV. I am under my payload cause I pack everything in the trailer other than the kids lol. We do not travel with water and we try to get groceries near or at where we camp. There are probably a few other models out there that would be good to tow with as well but those two I mentioned as other also have will be a safe bet for you with no real worry. Good luck.

Tim
mopwr4me2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing