Old 10-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #11
Wanna Be Camper
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
Have STS 507 TPMS and yes it reads the presure and temps, however when talking with them it will keep repeating the last reading until a new reading is recieved, bottomline it will not keep the readings current with out a repeater. It was hit or miss with current information.
Interesting as mine gives me an alarm when it loses contact with a sensor. ANd they are definetly treating you very well giving you a free repeater. They offered to give me a free repeater too as long as I give them 60 bux first when it was determined my sensors are too far from the receiver.

Glad things turned out good for you. And as OC recommended use metal valve stems.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #12
I have the flow thru TST and have not had a leak problem. Replaced two sensors that stopped working and the customer service was excellent. Shipped to me in 2 days at no cost. I have mine on a 35 ft fiver which puts them about 40 feet from the receiver and have had no problems with reception.

2011 F350 Lariat Ultimate Dually 6.7 w/ B&W Companion
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ
2016 Explorer Platinum, 1998 Mustang
1SG(Ret) (1987) US Army Aviation

Days/Nights Camped 2016: 34
dogwood36322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #13
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Interesting as mine gives me an alarm when it loses contact with a sensor.
As I recall, it alarms if it hasn't heard from the sensor in 10 minutes or so. So if it gets the signal intermittently, that will prevent the alarm you're talking about, but it may be in it's "intermittent" state when the "losing pressure" alarm is sent to the receiver, which means you won't know about the failure for about 10 minutes.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
Berkshire 390QS
TST TPMS really stands up on there product. Recieved the repeater today and easy install. Had a tire blow out on the toad with out repeater and didn't get the warning, just too far. Now with the repeater when I just start unscrewing the sensor the montor starts beeping. Recommed anyone with a long HM get the repeater. Dan even called me to make sure everything was good. Can't ask for better customer service.
2011: 54 days, 2012: 218 days, 2013: 175 days, 2014: 196 days
2015: 188 days, 2016: 72 days,
2009 Berkshire, 390QS, and toad
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
I echo Old Coot. I recently changed out the rubber stems for Stainless Metal stems. After a 4000+ mile trip, tire pressure remained constant, no loss of air, etc. I went with the TST 510 system (batteries have 5-year life rather than needing to be changed yearly or more - downside is the sensors must be removed to put air in the tire!) The metal stems I installed are 1-piece and need no extenders. Worth the price of hte metal stems for the sense of security. My tire guy charged me $8/tire to install them and balance the tire.

Ed (N4RWU) & Becky Taylor
Mistie (Walks 4-down)
Greensboro, NC
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote