Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 09:42 PM   #1

TPMS System

OK, time is up. I've waited all I can wait.

Picked up the 5'er in May. I need a TPMS system and was about to buy the 507 Flowthrough sytem, but I filled out a 'contact me' link on the TPMS website and got a reply that "great new things are coming soon". I called them.....somewhere in Georgia....and talked at length to a lady. I was told that they were coming out with a new system in "about 60 days" that would be A) solar and not need battery replacement and B) have a color monitor, and C) fix some 'problems' with previous units. I was told that they would have this available at the Goshen Rally. So, I've waited. I had only one trip planned, then the trip to Goshen, so I figured I'd wait for the newest and greatest and gamble till then.

I've emailed back several times. I got one reply, sort of vague. Nothing since.

I don't know if there is a Vendor List for Goshen, but I see nothing on their website about this.........and don't see anything about them being at Goshen with this 'new product'.

I've not said anything for 2 months because I wondered just how public this 'new product' info was. But now, I am going to need a TPMS, and nothing.

Meanwhile, even though this is just one guy's blog, I see this rating:
Top 4 TPMS Systems Comparison - Five In a 5th
never heard of EEZ but they are cheaper and higher rated (by this one guy!)

So, now what should I do?

????

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:34 PM   #2

Bill, I've had the TST 510 TPMS for 4 years now. I've had 2 of the 10 sensors need new batteries. On the 510 system, you have to send the sensors back for batteries. I'm not thrilled with that, but turn-around was very quick. Twice, it has saved me from issues. One time it was a 1/4" bolt threw my inner dual on my truck. The other time, it was a brake issue on my trailer wheel and it heated enough to alert me. I'm happy with TST. Don't know about the EszTire system.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:46 PM   #3

TST told me a few weeks ago the color monitor system was in final testing but at that time didn't have a release date. My monochrome system works just fine so upgrade is not in my plan.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
OK, time is up. I've waited all I can wait.

Picked up the 5'er in May. I need a TPMS system and was about to buy the 507 Flowthrough sytem, but I filled out a 'contact me' link on the TPMS website and got a reply that "great new things are coming soon". I called them.....somewhere in Georgia....and talked at length to a lady. I was told that they were coming out with a new system in "about 60 days" that would be A) solar and not need battery replacement and B) have a color monitor, and C) fix some 'problems' with previous units. I was told that they would have this available at the Goshen Rally. So, I've waited. I had only one trip planned, then the trip to Goshen, so I figured I'd wait for the newest and greatest and gamble till then.

I've emailed back several times. I got one reply, sort of vague. Nothing since.

I don't know if there is a Vendor List for Goshen, but I see nothing on their website about this.........and don't see anything about them being at Goshen with this 'new product'.

I've not said anything for 2 months because I wondered just how public this 'new product' info was. But now, I am going to need a TPMS, and nothing.

Meanwhile, even though this is just one guy's blog, I see this rating:
Top 4 TPMS Systems Comparison - Five In a 5th
never heard of EEZ but they are cheaper and higher rated (by this one guy!)

So, now what should I do?

????

I for one would not leave home without a TPMS. In the past, I have not had too much luck jumping on the band wagon with brand new technology (mod 00), I usually wait a year or two and let the beta testers submit there issues and usually jump in at mod 3 or 4. I currently have the system by TST. Not the flow throughs. I can replace the batteries myself. The flow throughs stay on when making adjustment to tire pressure and require them to be sent to the vendor for battery replacement, I believe.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:45 AM   #5
GLCM Warrior

We have the EEZ system (EEZ RV PRODUCTS - RV And Outdoor Recreational Equipment, Eeztire Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems) and haven't had any issues with its performance. The battery in the monitor lasts a long time without being recharged.

We originally ordered the flow thru sensors but didn't like how far they stuck out from the tires so we exchanged them for the anti-theft non-flow thru ones.

The system was fairly easy to set up and we are on our second year with the same sensor batteries. Batteries are user replaceable and system ships with extra seals in case they are needed.

We've been happy with our EEZ TPMS system and would recommend it to others.
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:30 AM   #6
clr

There was a vendor at the rally selling the EZ system the year before last. They were not there last year for some reason. I looked at both systems and liked the TST 507 system better, but that was just me. I have the 507 system with the non flow thru sensors and have used it since this spring, and I love the system. The support folks are very helpful, I had to call with a set up issue, that was cockpit error on my part. The 507 system has customer replaceable batteries. Tip for either system have metal valve stems installed if you have rubber now.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
There was a vendor at the rally selling the EZ system the year before last. They were not there last year for some reason. I looked at both systems and liked the TST 507 system better, but that was just me. I have the 507 system with the non flow thru sensors and have used it since this spring, and I love the system. The support folks are very helpful, I had to call with a set up issue, that was cockpit error on my part. The 507 system has customer replaceable batteries. Tip for either system have metal valve stems installed if you have rubber now.
x2
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #8

I have the TST 507 with the non flow through, I have had them for a long time. I took the locks off mine, makes them lighter. I have metal valve stems on camper, actually the camper came with metal valve stems. The camper I had before had rubber valve stems and they worked great. I have rubber valve stems in truck. The 507 work good for me, I'm going to keep what I have

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have the TST 507 with the non flow through, I have had them for a long time. I took the locks off mine, makes them lighter.
What do you mean by taking locks off? Do you mean the spinning plastic case?

Old 08-01-2016, 05:42 PM   #10

Mine came with locks on that you have to take off to check the pressure, TST sent a tool so someone else didn't steal the sensors off the stems. When I check the air pressure I just unscrew the sensors

Old 08-01-2016, 05:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Mine came with locks on that you have to take off to check the pressure, TST sent a tool so someone else didn't steal the sensors off the stems. When I check the air pressure I just unscrew the sensors

Mine also needs a tool to remove because the case spins freely. I'd like to be able to replace my own batteries. BTW, I re-installed all 10 of my sensors today to get things ready for FROG. I found out from TST that when the sensors have pressure on them, they are using the battery. So, I only put them on when I'm towing.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty59 View Post
We have the EEZ system (EEZ RV PRODUCTS - RV And Outdoor Recreational Equipment, Eeztire Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems) and haven't had any issues with its performance. The battery in the monitor lasts a long time without being recharged.

We originally ordered the flow thru sensors but didn't like how far they stuck out from the tires so we exchanged them for the anti-theft non-flow thru ones.

The system was fairly easy to set up and we are on our second year with the same sensor batteries. Batteries are user replaceable and system ships with extra seals in case they are needed.

We've been happy with our EEZ TPMS system and would recommend it to others.
I also have the EEZ system. Works great and has a bigger display than the TST.
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Mine also needs a tool to remove because the case spins freely. I'd like to be able to replace my own batteries. BTW, I re-installed all 10 of my sensors today to get things ready for FROG. I found out from TST that when the sensors have pressure on them, they are using the battery. So, I only put them on when I'm towing.

I leave mine sensors on all the time, I never know when we take a trip besides the sensors are on my truck

Old 08-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #14

Why do you have to check the pressure? Isn't that what the monitors are for?
Steve29rlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:01 PM   #15

Quote:
I leave mine sensors on all the time, I never know when we take a trip besides the sensors are on my truck

I last used my camper at the end of February and I knew it was going to be 5 or 6 months before I used it, so it made sense to save the batteries. It cost $20.00 per sensor to get the batteries replaced! I have 6 sensors on my truck and 4 on my camper.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:19 PM   #16
Berkshire 390QS

Have the TST 507 System without the flow thru, however have had to buy 3 replacement sensors so far at around $50 each. Think we will be looking at a system with lifetime warrenty.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:43 PM   #17

I have had my 507 for a long time, seems like a long time, I have replaced the batteries once and I never lost a sensor. Worth every penny I paid for system

Old 08-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve29rlx View Post
Why do you have to check the pressure? Isn't that what the monitors are for?

I double check the sensors at least once a month with a digital gauge. I like to be sure everything is working properly. Just me