Old 02-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielflading View Post
your set up sounds like it is in limits for your TV, should not have a problem, looks like it will leave you about 1000-1200 lbs for cargo/passengers/etc. will you be in the hills or flats?

3800 lbs empty Estimating the following: Battery 40/propane 30/driver 200/passngers 150 each /luggage 100-150 /etc 200/ gas in truck/water in camper tanks/ will put you close to combined cargo weight of about 5000lbs, giving you some relief, do not max out your towing capacity and tow on the edge, better to have a safety margain.

How much does the Cherrokee Weigh? it could change the final numbers.
alot of people reccomend taking the trailer and TV to a scale and having them weighed with all camping gear loaded, that is the only true way to be sure you ae in specs
We will mostly be in areas with rolling hills. Some may consider the grades like mountains, but they are not long grades, and not a lot of curves.

Our jeep is supposed to weigh 4,147 lbs with a full tank of gas and no passengers/cargo. With the 2306 fully loaded (~5,000 lbs), and the Jeep fully loaded (6,100 lbs), I should be under the GVCWR (11,450). I doubt we would put 2,000 lbs in the TV (with the tongue weight), so we should be ok. I'll probably find a place to weigh a few times though. Thanks

Old 02-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielflading View Post
You will need a full size truck, super cab, long bed. V8 I prefer GAS to Diesel, but that is my preference and I never tow in any mountain area. Tow package and autmomatic Trasnmission. F150 or a Chevy 1500 should do the job fine. IF you are going to be in the mountains then maybe a Deisel and a HD truck would be better suited for you - F250/C2500.

you will need a Weight Distributing Hitch (WDH) with sway control (SC) and a Elec brake controller. I use a Equilizer hitch and a prodigy controller.
Bandit7 - I agree with this recommendation for your next TV.

Make sure that, if you go with a 1/2 ton, you pay attention to its GVWR. A TT's tongue weight can eat up 1/2 ton payload pretty quickly. But any of those recommendations should work fine with this trailer plus two people.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjames View Post
Our jeep is supposed to weigh 4,147 lbs with a full tank of gas and no passengers/cargo. With the 2306 fully loaded (~5,000 lbs), and the Jeep fully loaded (6,100 lbs), i guess I would be over the GVCWR (11,450). I doubt we would put 2,000 lbs in the TV, so we should be ok. I'll probably find a place to weigh a few times though. Thanks
You are more than OK with this TT and TV setup and have nothing to worry about.

By the way, I think your math is a little off even if you loaded up that Jeep. You said that your TV's GVWR is 6,100lbs and the TT's is 4,718lbs. That's a total of 10,818, which is 632 lbs under your GCWR of 11,450.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
You are more than OK with this TT and TV setup and have nothing to worry about.

By the way, I think your math is a little off even if you loaded up that Jeep. You said that your TV's GVWR is 6,100lbs and the TT's is 4,718lbs. That's a total of 10,818, which is 632 lbs under your GCWR of 11,450.
i'm embarrassed you caught that... i fixed it just before you posted it
Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjames View Post
i'm embarrassed you caught that... i fixed it just before you posted it

Its all good.

By the way. My folks have the same vehicle you do and tow constantly with it. They love their Jeep. I think you have a great combo with your Jeep and that trailer.

Tags
trailblazer