Old 08-31-2016, 02:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
I pull trailers behind my 5th wheel with no trouble. Don't even know there is a trailer behind the RV, doesn't tow any different.
The trailer behind the RV tracks with the RV, because the RV has a large tail swing.

In Texas the law states only a double trailer can be pulled behind a 5th wheel/gooseneck, no bumper pull to bumper pull. Max length 65'
Hey Cap'n, where do you find that the double trailer has to be a 5th wheel or gooseneck? Just asking, because I don't find any mention of how the trailers are connected, just the 65' limit. I looked, honest.

D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:13 PM   #22

When I had a 5er (toy Hauler), I would tow it with a sand rail in it and a trailer behind it with a couple of quads or dirtbikes over to the the sand dunes in California. There were tons of people doing the same thing and more of them were from Cali than Arizona. I would also tow my jet skis behind the hauler to Laughlin to play on the river. Never an issue towing...just had to think ahead about how to get out of a parking lot or gas station without backing up.
Here's my doubles now. It's in Mexico
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mex presidents day 2010 218.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	424.8 KB
ID:	119027  

Old 08-31-2016, 06:02 PM   #23

I read that many years (5-6) ago on a state of Texas website.
They might of changed the law since then.
I'll dig around for the information or I'll call DPS. Don't want to misinform.

Jack of all trades, Master on none
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:48 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
Oh, and Biily, beautiful 5er and TV!
Thanks D B

This trip w 2 trailers always ends 230 miles up the road and I don't stop anywhere along the way.

If I ever get in a bind the trailer can be moved by hand unloaded. I also have a ball on the golf cart if I have to move the trailer more than a few feet.
Biily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:56 AM   #25
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
Hey Cap'n, where do you find that the double trailer has to be a 5th wheel or gooseneck? Just asking, because I don't find any mention of how the trailers are connected, just the 65' limit. I looked, honest.
I have seen that too, just don't recall for which states. I think in NC it is a gray area. I have a buddy that pulls a bumper pull equipment trailer with another small bumper pull utility trailer. He has only been hassled by local cops, but they couldn't find the specific ordinance to ticket him under so it got tossed.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #26

I've been double towing my 5rs for a few years and retired from UPS were they pull triples on the turnpike. Have camera on back of camper and surge breaks( Ohio required) on my Taho s/f boat. From Ohio to Lake D'Arbonne, Louisiana (3yrs) is the longest trip and yes we've had blow outs and other issues but when one has been trained by a company like UPS saying it helps is an understatement.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:24 AM   #27
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtime View Post
I've been double towing my 5rs for a few years and retired from UPS were they pull triples on the turnpike. Have camera on back of camper and surge breaks( Ohio required) on my Taho s/f boat. From Ohio to Lake D'Arbonne, Louisiana (3yrs) is the longest trip and yes we've had blow outs and other issues but when one has been trained by a company like UPS saying it helps is an understatement.
Amateur...

Seriously, I have a lot of respect for anyone that can properly handle a multi trailer rig over the road. I have pulled multiple trailers on a farm and it ain't no picnic. In all my years I have only seen about 4 people that could back up multiple trailers. My grandfather and Uncle being two of them.

Aaron

Old 09-09-2016, 06:46 AM   #28

Well, for road trains look at Australia's 3B with 110 wheels.
Then there is this...

Just heard on the morning news, ID is looking at long trucks and double tow trailers so see if they are a hazard.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:57 PM   #29
World Wide Wanderer

Seen the Volvo 750 ton truck pull? Pretty impressive, even if they never did leave the loading docks.

Aaron

Old 09-09-2016, 05:18 PM   #30

Florida is Commercial vehicle only on Interstate highways only and from exit/entrance to and from their owner terminal.