Old 04-30-2016, 09:41 PM   #11
Originally Posted by gilwilliams101 View Post
I travel 120 miles round trip on I-65 5 days a week going to and from work. The last third of my drive each AM has a VERY strong DOT presence. I have seen a few people pass the AL DOT officers while tandem towing and have not ever witnessed the 'perpetrators' getting pulled over or fined.

With that said, If I tried it for 1 mile, they would put me under the jail. LOL

The AL DOT 'seems' to target large scale trucking companies or the opposite end of the scale and target farmers that only get a 18 wheeler out a couple of times per year.

Oaklevel makes a great point, if something were to happen, your insurance company is going to laugh at you which is reason alone enough to not do it IMO.
Thanks for info that's what I was looking for first hand knowledge. I'll just play the dumb coonass from south LA card see if it works.

2017 Georgetown 364TS
Bayouownbeer is offline   Reply With Quote