Old 03-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #11
Ok spent the afternoon making adjustments. I may have figured out part of my problem. I have 2sets of 1400 lb bars. Set one are very close in the regards to factory bend but the are also almost level when the hitch head has it maximum angle. The other set tilt downward which creates more pressure transfer. So just by measuring I was able to get the hitch measurement within 1" of uncoupled height. Rear on both sides I was getting one inch on drop with the camper hooked up and the front back to the same height as it was with no trailer. I believe the other bars where doing nothing since my measurements with no wdh and the original setup where exactly the same. Now the real test will be the scales later this week. Also now my bars are not maxed out the have plenty of room to move during cornering. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1427675961.817750.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	72490Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1427675977.616830.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	72491Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1427675991.417144.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	72492

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Colem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:10 PM   #12
Colem, Looking at your picture everything sure looks good'n level. I'm by no means an expert, but when everything looks as level as your does, it has to be good to go, IMO. It's scary when you see a TV with the rear squatting and the front raised up. You know there's an obvious problem.

2015 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond Package

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote