Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2017, 07:44 PM   #21
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas20 View Post
I have a 2011 Coachmen Brookstone, with a Trail Air hitch on it (bought it used). The fifth wheel when loaded on truck compresses the hitch to where the fifth wheel front end cap will strike the hitch and rub. Called Libbert and they said after measurement s that there was 1/2 inch to much space between the pin box and front frame at the front legs. Libbert suggested pin box might have a broken weld, which was checked and all ok. Now they suggest that it might be up in the front sides of the trailer and would be a manufacturers promblem.

My question is? Could there be something wrong in the hitch it self, it looks pretty simple, other than the air bag? Thanks
Do you think you can post a picture or video of what is going on? It sounds like you have a broken crossmember at the trailer frame pinbox mount. It doesn't sound like a pinbox hitch problem.
When it is hooked to the truck and you put up the landing gear, the top of the hitch should not move at all closer to the fiberglass cap. The part that moves on the hitch is the bottom plate that contains the pin.
I know it all too well when a Lippert chassis fatigues and busts apart. They were no help and I ended up repairing it myself. But that's another story.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #22
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

GAS20, check out this thread. Do a search. There are more.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ad.php?t=86829
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #23

Installed the 5th Airborne and towed 230 miles this weekend. By far the best upgrade I have made to date. Too many moving parts in the Lippert TrailAir I think over complicated it.
BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote