Old 10-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #21

This is what I have on my F250 shortbed. http://www.pace-edwards.com/jackrabbit
Costs more but is fantastic. You can stop it and lock it every 2 feet. This lets you pull it just short of the hitch and lock it to cover things in the bed while traveling. When not towing it encloses the whole bed and is lockable, my husky hitch doesn't touch it and I use a pool noodle wedged in the hitch to stop it from clanking back and forth.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
I use this one and have had good luck. On my second cover (Changed trucks)
TonnoPro Tonneau Cover, Tonno Pro Tri-Fold Tonneau
x2 - Had the same one for my RAM and now the same for my F150. Don't even have to take them off while towing - just fold them back.

2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #23

Fold-A-Cover

I've had a Fold-A-Cover lockable aluminum LS tonneau on my 2012 Ram diesel 4X4 since new and have found it a great way to protect my 16K Reese slider, generator and anything else I leave in my bed when not towing. Maybe not the easiest thing to fold (3 sections fold back over 4th next to cab) but strong enough to weather two cross-country pulls from FL to OR with no problems and to discourage the would-be amateur thief. You have to be careful not to dimple the aluminum foam sandwich material but it weathers well. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151007_130437.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	90905   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151007_130548.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	90906  
Old 10-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #24

Bed cover with 5th wheel hitch

I have a 16 Sierra and the etang trifold cover
fits nicely and protects the hitch from the elements.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:41 PM   #25

We have a Pace Edwards hard roll up on our F250. Works like a champ.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:39 PM   #26

I too have a soft cover and no problems towing or covering the hitch as seen here....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	413.1 KB
ID:	90912  
Medic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #27

my Ford trifold is clipped forward when i haul our 5th wheel. it covers the generator at the front of the box from rain and crap.

first trip out we had the generator in the back of the box and when taking the first turn out of our seasonal spot i heard a crunch noise.
stopped to see the frame compressed and side panel acquiring a new shape.

the old guy across from us came out and asked what the noise was. When he found out he shook his head and said
"thats why they go in the front of the box my son".
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:35 PM   #28
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

I have a Fold-A-Cover on my 2015 GMC 2500HD. I liked being able to open either the front quad or the back quad and both are lockable. The only negative is that when it's folded up all the way, the truck bed rail clips stick up and jab you when you are working in the truck bed. If I had it to do over, I think I would just go to either highend (retractable roll cover) or lowend (soft rollup).
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #29

I researched covers and not wanting one where if someone that wanted to see what you had in the bed all they had to do was take a knife and cut it open and they were in and you were out a lot of money I said that was not for me , then there are the roll up covers that are really nice and are really expensive and I heard most have problems where in the winter you can't roll them up if there is any ice . After researching I found a cover from Paragon that is made of aluminum and is a cover that caters to 5th wheel users , is easy to open and close , protects your hitch , and can be opened and closed during ice and snow . And the best part is it's only a couple dollars more than the ones that only last a few years before ripping . Check them out at Paragon covers . Com
Old 10-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #30
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 CC 38CK View Post
I researched covers and not wanting one where if someone that wanted to see what you had in the bed all they had to do was take a knife and cut it open and they were in and you were out a lot of money I said that was not for me , then there are the roll up covers that are really nice and are really expensive and I heard most have problems where in the winter you can't roll them up if there is any ice . After researching I found a cover from Paragon that is made of aluminum and is a cover that caters to 5th wheel users , is easy to open and close , protects your hitch , and can be opened and closed during ice and snow . And the best part is it's only a couple dollars more than the ones that only last a few years before ripping . Check them out at Paragon covers . Com
Here's the website that I found for the Peragon covers:
https://www.peragon.com/

Tags
5th wheel, bed, cover, truck, wheel