Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2018, 11:10 AM   #21

Update...I took my unloaded truck with a full tank of fuel to the CAT scale on Saturday after subtracting it's weight from the 10,000 GVWR it was 97lbs down on payload capacity which sounds right to me not including me the driver.

I had added the the side steps and the BAK Revolver roll up aluminum tonneau cover after I bought the truck which weighs around 100lbs combined. So the listed payload on the sticker seems really close to me.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
Ok I'm sure the answer's are are out on the forum somewhere and I will admit I get confused reading all the payload questions and tongue weight questions on the forum so I have to ask to set the record straight.

My RAM yellow door sticker is 2259 payload what does that take into consideration ? A tank of fuel? and counting a 150 lb driver ? Anything else ?

Ok the Trailer tongue weight question is does the published TW include the weight of two full 30lb propane tanks ? Or anything else ?

I've seen all types of responses to these two questions and I'm wondering if everyone is on the same page with the correct answer's.
I wrestled with the same TW issue when I bought my FR Catalina last year.
I figured the best way to get an answer was to call the manufacturer. They said they weigh each trailer before leaving the factory and that weight goes on the trailer sticker. The weight is as shipped meaning with two empty propane tanks and without a battery. They also said the brochure tongue weight is a nominal weight and the actual tongue weight when leaving the factory will vary.
pete100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:37 PM   #23

If you have to worry about fuel or a 150 lb driver then you are looking at too big of trailers.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tongue weight, trailer, truck, weight