Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 10:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Yep.
And Gm is the only one that you wont hear of people spending thousands of dollars fixing from putting def in their fuel tank mistakenly.
Google it .... nets got tons of stories about dodge and fords killing their fuel systems.
With this logic people should be putting gas in the diesel tank. The pumps are clearly marked what they are for.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:27 PM   #12
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
With this logic people should be putting gas in the diesel tank. The pumps are clearly marked what they are for.
They do. And ive reported the results on here before.
On a gm ive seen 2 that cost about $15k to fix. And on a ford, my buddies shop (his dad owns and he works at) it was $26k to fix

Old 11-29-2015, 10:32 PM   #13

Quote:
They do. And ive reported the results on here before.
On a gm ive seen 2 that cost about $15k to fix. And on a ford, my buddies shop (his dad owns and he works at) it was $26k to fix
Miller time, Why were the Fords so much more to fix? Was it apples to apples or was there some other issues that added $10k to the repair or do you know?

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
Old 11-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #14
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Miller time, Why were the Fords so much more to fix? Was it apples to apples or was there some other issues that added $10k to the repair or do you know?
I don't know for sure.
On the gms it was at a dealer i worked for 2 years ago. It was the fuel marketer's insurance paying for it, since they put the wrong fuel in the tankers. I was talking to a buddy that was working on them. That might not have been the final bill, since we usually dont turn in all the supplements till the job is done, so the bill may have been higher.
My other buddy that had the ford, i don't know, but they might have had a little more time tied up in diagnostics and parts were probably a little higher since they are an independent. I know they were really worried about getting payed on it, since the bill was so high. Luckily the guy called with a credit card and payed it in full. Now thats a good card!!
Old 11-29-2015, 10:44 PM   #15

I bet they had to pull the cab to work on the Ford. Ford provides extra long wiring harness for this. Check out you tube to see the work that is required for a Ford truck to repair their Diesel engines.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Yep.
And Gm is the only one that you wont hear of people spending thousands of dollars fixing from putting def in their fuel tank mistakenly.
Google it .... nets got tons of stories about dodge and fords killing their fuel systems.

That has nothing to do with make or model.
Stupid owners.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:56 PM   #17
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I bet they had to pull the cab to work on the Ford. Ford provides extra long wiring harness for this. Check out you tube to see the work that is required for a Ford truck to repair their Diesel engines.
Its done on all of them. Its quicker to pull a cab than trying to wrestle body parts and car parts. The sooner you learn this as a tech, the quicker you will you will make money. Sometimes an extra couple minutes taking parts off will save you dozens compared to fighting in tight spots.
And I've done frame swaps on all of them. The 6.7 ford being my least favorite since i had to pull the turbo and intakes just to mount a lift plate on the motor in the turbo valley.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1448855662164.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	95256   Click image for larger version

Name:	1448855703060.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	95257   Click image for larger version

Name:	1448855789178.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	95258  
Old 11-29-2015, 11:02 PM   #18
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Stupid owners.
Maybe....i mean those owners bought those trucks to begin with.......just sayin'
Stupid is as stupid does!!

Just joking guys.....ive had 1 ford and it was ok. But ive had dozens of gms. Haven't hit my head hard enough to buy a dodge yet. Lol (dont think i ever will)
Old 11-29-2015, 11:05 PM   #19

I guess once you start fixing other people's stuff, you get a bit picky on what you own.

Ford had all kinds of issues
Gm durtymax has head problems and the labour times for those engines are really high.

The CUMMINS is a simple inline 6
Easy to work on, and fairly problem free. ( it's just all the dodge stuff that breaks)
Old 11-29-2015, 11:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Stupid owners.

Times 2, bravo, that should be the closer of this one

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
pump, truck