Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #1

TST Repeater Mounting Location

I picked up a TST Repeater for my TPMS system. Now I'm wondering where I want to mount it. Instructions say it is waterproof, so it can go in or out of my trailer. I'm thinking about attaching it either to the tongue jack and grabbing power by connecting to the down stream side of my battery disconnect or inside my front storage bay, I think there is a puck light in there that I can tie into. At this point, I'm not going to bother with a switch just for the repeater.

Where did you mount yours if you are using one?
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I have a 5th wheel and mounted it directly behind the pin box as I had easy access to 12v at the umbilical cord junction box. I wired a switch to mine as I didn't want it on 24/7 when it's only need during towing.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:46 PM   #3

There are a few utube videos that show a real easy mount by your battery.

Use alligator clips to the battery and Velcro the unit on the wall. Five minute job, and no messing with wiring.

BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:25 PM   #4
Truck System Technologies Rep

TST TPMS Repeater

Hi Sir,

I would recommend mounting the repeater in the front of your trailer in the battery box. Once you connect to power, the white opaque round button will glow red, and occasionally flash. You can leave it in the battery box.

Feel free to contact me with any questions at 210-420-0132

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
mbenson1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #5

You Tube Video for TST Repeater Install

TechnoRV has an installation video online for a TST Repeater Install: https://youtu.be/QlZRLPfA0s8
Lincoln11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Lots of ways to mount them.
My uncle mounted his with velcro near the Zamp connector port.
Used a mating connector to the Zamp port and a short pigtail to the repeater.
He fastens the repeater to the small velcro tab on the side wall and plugs the pigtail into the Zamp port and in 10 seconds he's ready to go. Pulls it off and stows it in the storage bin all locked up waiting for the next trip.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:49 PM   #7

TST location

We have a Rockwood 2608ws tt and we have a tst507 and I put transponder in the battery box next to battery easy to connect and disconnect wires from battery when not in use. Works great haven't had any sensor reading failures since I installed transponder.

2013 Rockwood 2608ws
2013 Ram2500 4x4 mega cab
US Air Force Retired
Joe-Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #8
7 Year Class A RV'er

We have a Class A, but I mounted in inside the rear TV cabinet in the bedroom. There is a 110v outlet in there that's powered by the inverter, so I bought a $10 110v-to-12v adapter at Amazon and hooked it up using that. Works great. If you want to hook straight to a 12v supply, I would suggest tying into a tail light or clearance light and driving with your lights on - increased safety and problem solved!

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:03 PM   #9

Velcro'd mine to a wall in the basement next to the battery so I can easily see the light when I open the cargo door. Added a quick disconnect plug I had laying around to it so I could just unplug it when it was not being used. 10 minute job.

JaC
USAF Retired (1985-2011)

2018 325Pack13
Sailuns637T, TST TPMS, JT's Strong Arm,
Dometic 320 Toilet, MORryde Pin Box,
Progressive Industries HW50C

2017 F-250 Platinum Anderson UAL hitch
captjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:07 PM   #10

Thanks all...

Got to the trailer today. Looked things over. Had a fleeting thought of installing the repeater inside the power jack head - there was enough room. But knowing myself, I decided I wanted to be able to see the indicator light on the repeater. Looking at the undersides of the a-frame, I found a ground point right next to my battery disconnect. Since we don't boondock, I don't have a problem with having the repeater on for extended periods while camping So, I connected the positive to the downside of the battery disconnect and used the nearby ground point. I used some industrial double sided tape to attach the repeater head to the side of the tongue jack head and a couple of wire ties to hold things in place. For me, this works as an indicator to tell me that the battery disconnect is on or off. I'll be a little bit harder to forget to disconnect the battery during storage.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #11
Steelhorzz

Just a question....
Are you sure you needed a repeater?
I was having problems with sensors intermittently not reading.
Turns out the antenna in my monitor was bad.
Replaced it, and everything is working great!!
Blue Ox Tow System / U.S. Gear Unified Tow Brake
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #12

I bought a new color system and the repeater is now included in the package. Figured the repeater would provide a stronger signal and less chance of losing contact while on the road due to interference. I will say that I like the antenna on the color version. Looks to be almost indestructible.

Interestingly, I got an e-mail from TST as follow-up on a different matter. In a prior e-mail back to them I had mentioned thinking about where to mount the repeater. TST recommended mounting the repeater "as close to the axles as possible".
Old 12-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #13
Steelhorzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
I bought a new color system and the repeater is now included in the package. Figured the repeater would provide a stronger signal and less chance of losing contact while on the road due to interference. I will say that I like the antenna on the color version. Looks to be almost indestructible.

Interestingly, I got an e-mail from TST as follow-up on a different matter. In a prior e-mail back to them I had mentioned thinking about where to mount the repeater. TST recommended mounting the repeater "as close to the axles as possible".

I also replaced my old B/W monitor with the new color one. (Had just replaced the batteries in all my sensors and still had an issue).
You're right, larger, in color and looks indestructible! And picks up the signals so much quicker!
Just got back from a 1500 mile trip. Worked great!!
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, mount