Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2016, 08:36 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
Totally agree. Especially when you can get a rear mounted receiver hitch that mounts to the frame.

Here is how I roll:

Attachment 114045

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very smart, great idea.... but I can't do that to my truck. Lol. I don't like adding much to it. She's my baby!
GoodTimesNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:05 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimesNY View Post
Very smart, great idea.... but I can't do that to my truck. Lol. I don't like adding much to it. She's my baby!

All that was added was a bolt-on front receiver hitch. Price was $189 I think.

Not sure what you mean by "but I can't do that to my truck."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:25 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimesNY View Post
Well we have only had our TT a little over 2 weeks now and have been to 2 campgrounds and love it! We would, however, like to make better use of space for additional items like 4 mountain bikes, a cooler, our fire pit and possibly a moped or two. We pack up the bed of my Dodge which along with the TT sags my rear pretty bad.

My question... has anyone had a hitch welded to the frame of their TT and if so, how much weight can you put in a cargo carrier? OR added a bolt on bumper hitch receiver and a bike rack? OR ...... any other options....

Thanks!
ever think of going to TSC and buy a cargo trailer and using another tuck to haul all that stuff around. wow that's a lot of stuff. Most campgrounds have a fire ring why do need to bring another? oh Don't forget the grill ,lawn mower and weed Wacker and the couch to make you spot look nice
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:51 AM   #44

Boy this is a subject that is neither black or white but rather tan! Many folks here in idaho put extra racks and or pull extra trailers behind their bumper pulls and 5th wheels. The folks I know that do this have welded extra bracing to the rear frame and hitch. So I think the YES group is right and I think the NO is right, myself I'm in the TAN group haven't needed it so haven't done it.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:30 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
ever think of going to TSC and buy a cargo trailer and using another tuck to haul all that stuff around. wow that's a lot of stuff. Most campgrounds have a fire ring why do need to bring another? oh Don't forget the grill ,lawn mower and weed Wacker and the couch to make you spot look nice
Both campgrounds we've been to do not have fire rings but require one in order to make a fire. We have 2 other camping trips planned on Long Island this summer and same holds true for them so I guess your comment of "most campgounds" holds true for you but not necessarily everyone given where they are from and where they camp. "Ignorance is bliss.... ?"
GoodTimesNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:00 AM   #46

I blame it on the wife. When I go by myself, I backpack and tent camp. But I have to admit, I like the comforts of home. Also, some people get cranky when they don't get their exercise in. I like the idea of taking it all. A little ingenuity allows us to do so.

Tags
frame, hitch, towing