Old 07-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #71
Originally Posted by GeeTee View Post
PS : I have another issue now thats crept in and thats when i`m towing the TT my steering (TV) is pulling to one side, almost as if my alignment needs to be done. It was done prior to me leaving on vacation. This is a new issue and only happened since the changes i made to the WDH etc. When i remove the TT the TV runs straight, no more "pulling to one side".

You had the alignment with no weight in the truck.
You need to have it aligned by someone that knows RV setups.
Tell him that you usually tow with "X" weight on the rear and load equalizers putting "X" weight on the front.
Weighing it when you get it set up correctly will help.
He can set you caster accordingly.

The load bars are putting more weight on the ft axle changing the caster most likely. You probably need less caster in the right front (or more in the left ft) to accommodate the loads.
Also check tire pressures.
If it is a minor "pull" sometimes just adding a few lbs more pressure to the rt ft will help- the road crown also exagerates the issues. Weight is shifting more with the load and the road crown.

"If you are going through hell..keep going"
W. Churchill
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #72
Prob alignment roads in Pa have a crown for water run off so much my bike tires wear more on the left side vs right. Check to make sure trailer wheels are all free turning.

bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:01 AM   #73
My buddy dealt with this crap for a year, using one then 2 friction anti sways and still white knuckled on the trips.

He finally went to the new Husky Centerline TS WDH. WORLDS BETTER. You don't need any extra away control. It is all built in and I'm amazed how well it works. That 32ft trailer is rock solid now in 99% of all situations. He went with the 1200lb bars/12k setup even though his trailer is about 8500lbs. Room to grow. Found it on amazon for $367 shipped. Worth every penny. May want to look into it.
2014 V-Cross Platinum 365VTSB (Bought Labor Day 2014)
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Stock for now.
Days Camped 2015: 17
Days Camped 2016: 28 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:24 PM   #74
The Equal-I-Zer hitch does a great job.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1470353019.438819.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	116321

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1470353039.933699.jpg