Old 10-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
Incheon, S. Korea

@wilem - do you mind if I use your rig for my home page pic?

BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
One guy was going to be out about $2300-2800+ labor and programming to replace an ecm he lost in a programmer install.
-u wont hear this stuff from the programmer guys.
--sorry for continuing the hijack
I can get factory ECM`s for $350.00 plus 150 core all day, with tunes or with factory tuning. dealership are a rip off and they know nothing about how a tuned truck should run. they might have factory training, but most know nothing about performance. where do you think the engineers get their data from when they keep on raising the levels of our trucks??? surely not from their experience on breaking parts and making them last on the track. Just ask any 6.0 owner that had the factory fix their issues. LOL .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilem View Post
thinking of a programmer.
the only safe programing for the duramax is EFI live, period, from a tuner that know what he is doing. IMO. because I have ran both and have lots of friends with tuned ECM`s

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #13
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
I can get factory ECM`s for $350.00 plus 150 core all day, with tunes or with factory tuning. dealership are a rip off and they know nothing about how a tuned truck should run. they might have factory training, but most know nothing about performance. where do you think the engineers get their data from when they keep on raising the levels of our trucks??? surely not from their experience on breaking parts and making them last on the track. Just ask any 6.0 owner that had the factory fix their issues. LOL .

the only safe programing for the duramax is EFI live, period, from a tuner that know what he is doing. IMO. because I have ran both and have lots of friends with tuned ECM`s
X2...big difference in a Factory Tech & Performance Tech information...as I have found during my great ride with EFI Live & my discussions with Diesel Performance shop Owners who are current & past sled/race track competitors ,)
Old 10-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #14
Oklahoma Proud

It was on a 1st gen d-max. 01-03 I believe. I believe those are a bit pricier than later models.
- on new oe ecms there is no core at least from the gm dealers ive worked for.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #15

I'm thinking a cold air intake will be enough for now, I might go with a chip if I find I need it with a bigger trailer than what I have.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
@wilem - do you mind if I use your rig for my home page pic?
Not at all, go right ahead.
A&P
jack of all trades master of one...LOL
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/3111/ypy.JPG
wilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #17
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I'm thinking a cold air intake will be enough for now, I might go with a chip if I find I need it with a bigger trailer than what I have.
You'll be plenty fine stock for what you're doing now...but as you get the itch for a little performance, the list is endless...enjoy!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post

I have ridden In a few and driven one duramax with a programmer.. All I can say is holy crap that's a lot of power. Not sure what brand it is but I'll see the next time my buddy comes over. Truck felt like my 426 hp camaro. But then torque does that doesn't it? :-))
A&P
jack of all trades master of one...LOL
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/3111/ypy.JPG
wilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilem View Post
I have ridden In a few and driven one duramax with a programmer.. All I can say is holy crap that's a lot of power. Not sure what brand it is but I'll see the next time my buddy comes over. Truck felt like my 426 hp camaro. But then torque does that doesn't it? :-))
I have 540/1033 at my wheels and yes it can push you back pretty far, I am running out of fuel and as soon as I get that taken care of I should be at 700HP. just hope the lower end can hold out. buddy at work has a 24v p-pumped dodge twined putting out 900hp runs the 1/4 in 11.3 . now that is fast, he is thinking about n20 to hit 1200 and put his times into the low 10`s

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #20
Camper Less Camping

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2092247574.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	42113