Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrostek View Post
Well SCT flat out says they do not recommend towing heavy on any higher tunes. I know some guys that have, but really I dont see the point. He spent a lot of money to make sure the truck can handle the stresses of the higher power under tow, but in the end we both go down the highway at the same speed, I get 2mpg more then him and the right front of my trailer is not covered in soot when I arrive.
if the EGT`s are low enough you can tow on any power setting, that is the primary factor , and how do you know his trailer is covered with soot?? just because it did at a standing stop does not mean it does it while running down the road. mine smokes pretty good at a start when I get on it, but with rpm and a load barely any hint of smoke

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #42

Because I have been there at the campground with him and the RF area of his white trailer is grey/black every single time. I am not against towing in higher power tunes, but when the guys who know my drive line enough to that they come highly recommended tell me not to tow over 10k on the higher tunes without replacing or upgrading x, y and z. Since all that costs a lot of money and I would rather spend it traveling then upgrading my truck so I can tow on a higher tune. Again, not knocking it but I am all about ROI and value, and loosing MPG and having to clean soot off the trailer are 2 negatives. In addition, he never walked away from me while towing, even when east coast grades are involved. So I just do not see the reason to spend all the money to tow at a higher tune and keep the trans, coolant and EGT happy.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #43
Incheon, S. Korea

If someone else is paying for it.... Have fun!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #44
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaron View Post
if someone else is paying for it.... Have fun!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3896601770.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	42324