Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2015, 11:18 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrace View Post
nope and i won't ever ......... for those like yourself that have had good luck then great and i hope you continue to! your are in the minority of owners. they make good power when they are running good. they have waaaaay to many design flaws imo and i have seen so many of flaws to own one. if i had to choose 1 reason out of say 16 lol it would be the fact that they removed 40% of the head bolts vs the 7.3 , this is the stem of there head gasket failure issues. they know this was a huge issue which is why they put them back on the 6.7! i have only owned 7.3 diesels and there isn't anything i can 't fix on them myself.

They didn't remove them, international did, and it's not the cause of head gasket failures, aftermarket tuners and egr coolers failing is the reason head gaskets let go

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:06 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerky View Post
They didn't remove them, international did, and it's not the cause of head gasket failures, aftermarket tuners and egr coolers failing is the reason head gaskets let go

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

And it's usually the plugged oil cooler that starves the egr cooler in the first place.

Lack of maintenance.

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK