Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2016, 06:43 PM   #21

Put 4 Cooper AT3 on our Econoline Clubwagon last week-LOVE them !
Old 10-17-2016, 07:22 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

We had Michelin ltx on my truck from the factory. Lasted 38000 miles. Currently waiting on my special order transforce HT tires. Apparently, nobody within an hour radius stocks an E rated tire with a load index of 124 that will fit my truck... 265/70R18. Getting them at firestone for $179/ tire....with installation and road hazard etc we are looking at 976 out the door. Much cheaper than most other decent tires I could find in the area. I usually go with Michelin but these are about $250 cheaper. Our other car needs tires and they are also willing to give us a multiple car discount.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:25 AM   #23
Senior Senior Member

Michelins Installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Be careful with Costco tires. I bought new tires form them about 3 years ago and all four were 4 years old. Make sure you check the dates.
New tires came in at Costco and had them installed yesterday. Big visual difference between the 3 to 4 32nds on my old TransForce tires and the 14/32s on the new tires. I actually was not paying attention and DW had brought it up. Anyway, I did check the date stamps and was surprised to find a different date on each tire. 2916, 3016, 3116, and 0616??. So one is a bit stale but not in a worrisome way. I did record their positions so I can keep track of them as they are rotated and change positions.

A nice part of the Costco $15/tire install package is free rotations and balancing for the life of the tires... they suggest every 7K miles. Nitrogen refills as needed also. And if you have a flat repaired somewhere else... they will purge and refill with nitrogen for free... pretty amazing. Road hazard is also a part of that $15/tire package.

Not sure I am a nitrogen believer but at the price (free) I will buy in.

Happy Camping to all