Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #1

Updated Navigation Card Ford

Looking for some input on Fords new navigation card A-7 part number GM5T-19H449-AA
Ford/Mercury | Catalog for Telenav | your vehicle | U.S. AND CANADA SYNC NAVIGATION SYSTEM MAP UPDATE - VERSION A7 | HERE

At $150 my question is it worth it, as our current one is a A-5 and not real happy with it! Thanks
Old 03-28-2016, 04:12 PM   #2

$50

Ford Lincoln A7 Navigation Nav SD Card 2016 Maps New SEALED Free Shipping | eBay

I doubt you will see much difference in roads but much better then the retail price. Not sure why you are not happy with it. I have the A5 in my Explorer and A6 in my F350 and haven't noticed any changes between the two. I'm sure there are updates, just not where I have traveled.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:44 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Blwnsmoke. The issues that I'm having, is a series of things.
Example- It will send me down dirt roads thankfully, I had a paper map.
We were trying to locate a truck stop for DEF, it routed me to a strip mall.
All the while on the other side of the freeway less than 2 miles from the RV park we were staying at there were 3 truck stops. Unfortunately we could not see them from where we were staying.
We wanted to go to Lake Powell, it could not find the lake.
Another example when using the POI NAV we try and locate RV parks, unless its a KOA or other chain it can't find them.
I admit I am probably doing something wrong but as far as I can tell all the settings are correct. And thanks for the link to ebay as well.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt and Michele View Post
Thanks for the reply Blwnsmoke. The issues that I'm having, is a series of things.
Example- It will send me down dirt roads thankfully, I had a paper map.
We were trying to locate a truck stop for DEF, it routed me to a strip mall.
All the while on the other side of the freeway less than 2 miles from the RV park we were staying at there were 3 truck stops. Unfortunately we could not see them from where we were staying.
We wanted to go to Lake Powell, it could not find the lake.
Another example when using the POI NAV we try and locate RV parks, unless its a KOA or other chain it can't find them.
I admit I am probably doing something wrong but as far as I can tell all the settings are correct. And thanks for the link to ebay as well.
If you want any help with using MFT, I'd be glad to help you with it. I've been using it since 2011 and am pretty fluent in it. I very rarely every have an issue with using it. It's really more of a learning curve on how to ask it to find things rather then it really not being able to find it.

If so, feel free to give specifics (city/state and name of business) on what you were looking for and I'll duplicate it on my system to see if I can get it to locate what you are looking for.

MFT has taken a lot of negative reviews but ever since v3.6 came out, it really fixed the operation system. One you really understand what it wants, it works pretty flawlessly.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Living where the dirt road rules to most campgrounds we frequent I find the A6 meets our needs. The Park roads in provincial parks are even named in most cases, at least the main roads in the park. I find the POI has to be specific. One thing here is a change from old road numbers to actual names after several botched 911 responses. If the address is entered it works well.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #6
World Wide Wanderer

In the USA I seldom use the onboard navigation system. Google Maps work the best for me.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #7

Had it in my 2012 and 2015 Ford trucks and it is in my wife's SUV. Found that in my 2008 and 2010 Ram was more of what I liked. Most of all I found the $150 updates from Ram BS as I could buy a 7" screen Garmin RV GPS and get free updates. The Garmin is what I use in the 2016 F250.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford