Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2017, 08:08 AM   #1

Upgrade to a Titan XD from Dodge Durango R/T

I just upgraded my tow vehicle. I have been towing my 2013 Surveyor Select 291 with a 2013 Dodge Durango R/T for the past couple of years. I never had any issues towing locally. We even did a 280 miles one way trip to Virginia Beach from Pennsylvania crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and no issues. I should mention that we had a Pro Pride Hitch that completely eliminated any sway on the trailer. Now that we the kids are older we want to start venturing out farther away from home so we decided to start looking for a TV replacement. After looking at some 1500 trucks we decided that they had about the same capabilities of the Durango. The 2500 were more than what we needed. Then someone suggest to look at the new Titan XD. The trucks had plenty of comforts and plenty of towing capabilities for what we need, but the prices were more than we wanted to pay. This past week I found one at the right price. ($40,000) It is a 2016 Titan XD SV 5.0 Cummins diesel with the SV Utility Package. I can't wait to hook up and go camping. I think the towing experience will definitely be a little different, but only time will tell. I will keep posting my experiences for those of you that like to read.
Alvega007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:51 AM   #2

Congrats and good luck! I'd love to get a Titan diesel one day but not until my 1 ton is paid off.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dodge, upgrade