Old 10-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #101
Mod free 5er

If you took all the (BS from 3/4 t & larger from this post along with the BS Monday Morning lawyers, which add nothing to the OP's question) I might add, it would only have about 20 posts instead of 100.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:27 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
I don't know why we don't all buy an OTR tractor and convert it to pull rv trailers That must be the only solution in soms people''s world.
They been doing that for years. At the Good Sams rally we had 3 OTR that were modified to carry a smart car behind the cab. Then there is these guys that make 57 foot RVs.

Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
Sold - 2014 Cougar SGS
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
Yup. Mine has almost 3,000 lb payload on my sticker...

... but I am comfortable exceeding that.

Available Payload = GVWR - current weight.

Since F250's are paper handicapped at 10,000 GVWR the payload they can safely handle is more than the sticker.

The difference between a modern F250 and a F350 SRW is the extra 2 inches of block under the rear springs... and nothing else.

This tells me: I can safely use the F350 SRW numbers... as long as I don't bottom out my rear springs, since I have two inches less of travel.

Many folks disagree, however I don't lose sleep over it.
Oh crap. Now we've introduced logic into the discussion. But, I will point out that, at least on MY 2015 Super Duty trucks, the 350SRW also had an overload spring. Since my 2015 F250 has the "camper package", it actually has that as well, so your statement would be accurate for my F250.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:35 PM   #104
Mod free 5er

Will ask again, why do 3/4T and larger trucks insist on commenting on a 1/2 ton truck thread? They offer absolutely nothing to the thread for the benefit of the OP.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:47 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Will ask again, why do 3/4T and larger trucks insist on commenting on a 1/2 ton truck thread? They offer absolutely nothing to the thread for the benefit of the OP.

I'm guilty and apologize. One slight mention... that gets replied to... that gets replied to... starts to get way off course.

When I click on a thread that has new content, I jump to the unread portion. It is easy to reply to a post without paying much attention to the original topic.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
I'm guilty and apologize. One slight mention... that gets replied to... that gets replied to... starts to get way off course.

When I click on a thread that has new content, I jump to the unread portion. It is easy to reply to a post without paying much attention to the original topic.

I think part of how we swayed off topic was the idea of upgrading and exceeding the sticker's numbers.

A often repeated statement is: upgrades do not increase payload. That is only partially true. Nothing changes the legal/sticker payload... but certain suspension upgrades can and do increase the real-world payload. 1/2-ton trucks aren't the only ones that get upgrades.

It is an easy topic to veer... without any ill intent.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:12 PM   #107

Quote:
Maybe just to add a little sanity? Is there much different pulling substantially overloaded than driving impaired any other way? No matter how much one spends it is like adding diamonds on a VW. You still have a bug.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:24 PM   #108
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Maybe just to add a little sanity? Is there much different pulling substantially overloaded than driving impaired any other way? No matter how much one spends it is like adding diamonds on a VW. You still have a bug.
Opinions are like --------, everyone has one.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:03 PM   #109

Quote:
Just to piss you off Also most of us have driven/towed with half tons.... Hence perspective.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:28 PM   #110

Upgrades to Half Ton

Comment was not relevant
Deleted

Tags
upgrade