Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2015, 09:03 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
Right from the bottom of the spec page on Forest River website. I quote;

"UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight)* Ė is the typical weight of the unit as manufactured at the factory. It includes all weight at the unitís axle(s) and tongue or pin and LP Gas. The UVW does not include cargo, fresh potable water, additional optional equipment or dealer installed accessories.
*Estimated Average based on standard build optional equipment."
That is the brochure uvw "not" the actual uvw that is on the printed sticker on your camper.

They do not figure propane when they weight the unit coming off the factory scale.

I challenge you to find a brochure uvw that Matches the camper yellow sticker uvw.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "27 nights"
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Not the way I read it. The statement I posted above is the definition of what UVW includes and it does included LP gas and the statement below states that each RV is weight and the UVW is posted. There is no reference to battery.
“Each Forest River RV is weighed at the manufacturing facility prior to shipping. A label identifying the unloaded vehicle weight of the actual unit and the cargo carrying capacity is applied to every Forest River RV prior to leaving our facilities.”

I think you right when they used "Dry Weights" but they include more since they went to "UVW"
__________________

__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:48 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
My Hyperdiaper weighed 6991# according to my sticker; brochure states 6759#. When I picked it up at the dealer, two empty 20# LP cylinders were included and factory installed. How could something that was not there have been weighed, such as roughly 40# of LPG? If that is the case the actual weight would not have been the actual weight.

Unloaded Vehicle Weight (UVW) - Sometimes called the Dry Weight, it is the weight of the RV without adding fuel, water, propane, supplies and passengers. The manufacturers UVW will not include any dealer-installed options

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) - The manufacturer’s maximum load weight, in pounds, allowed for the vehicle. This rating includes the weight of the vehicle plus fuel, water, propane, supplies and passengers

RV Glossary by Forest River RV
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:21 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
My Hyperdiaper weighed 6991# according to my sticker; brochure states 6759#. When I picked it up at the dealer, two empty 20# LP cylinders were included and factory installed. How could something that was not there have been weighed, such as roughly 40# of LPG? If that is the case the actual weight would not have been the actual weight.

Unloaded Vehicle Weight (UVW) - Sometimes called the Dry Weight, it is the weight of the RV without adding fuel, water, propane, supplies and passengers. The manufacturers UVW will not include any dealer-installed options

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) - The manufacturer’s maximum load weight, in pounds, allowed for the vehicle. This rating includes the weight of the vehicle plus fuel, water, propane, supplies and passengers

RV Glossary by Forest River RV
Right from the Forest River Site and I quote and the link is below...

UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight)* – is the typical weight of the unit as manufactured at the factory. It includes all weight at the unit’s axle(s) and tongue or pin and LP Gas. The UVW does not include cargo, fresh potable water, additional optional equipment or dealer installed accessories.

Cedar Creek Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV
(Clink on "Specifications and look at bottom of page)

From the same link above also says and I qoute:
"Each Forest River RV is weighed at the manufacturing facility prior to shipping. A label identifying the unloaded vehicle weight of the actual unit and the cargo carrying capacity is applied to every Forest River RV prior to leaving our facilities."

LP gas is known weight so added it to the UVW weight wouldn't be hard.

I guess you just have to read the above statement and decided for yourself what it says - maybe it says to you no LP gas but that's not how I read it.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
CWSWine, It seems you are right. The UVW is "typical of the weight as manufactured at the factory" and includes the weight of the propane. I thought I had read that somewhere before. It also says, each RV is weighed and gets a label identifying the unloaded vehicle weight or the actual unit... I think what the confusion is, is that on a brochure UVW is typical and UVW becomes actual as it leaves the factory. Then how can actual include the weight of propane if not there; granted the weight can be estimated very accurately. The point is mute, but I would like to know. This becomes a question for BulletBob, IMO.
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
I sent a PM to Bulletbob for clarification. Not important, but I would like to know.
WWW
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:42 AM   #37
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
CWSWine, It seems you are right. The UVW is "typical of the weight as manufactured at the factory" and includes the weight of the propane. I thought I had read that somewhere before. It also says, each RV is weighed and gets a label identifying the unloaded vehicle weight or the actual unit... I think what the confusion is, is that on a brochure UVW is typical and UVW becomes actual as it leaves the factory. Then how can actual include the weight of propane if not there; granted the weight can be estimated very accurately. The point is mute, but I would like to know. This becomes a question for BulletBob, IMO.
I've posed the question to a fr "source" and even tho I've been told before "no".
the answer was still the same.

Propane is NOT included in the uvw.


TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "27 nights"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
AT the KC RV show I ask why the stickers on the RV went from Dry Weight to UVW and was told by person that said he was a factory rep said when they went to UVW they included more items. I'm almost positive he also said the battery was also included in the weight.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:56 AM   #39
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Battery also not included.
Units do not leave the factory with them.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "27 nights"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:06 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
I sent a PM to Bulletbob for clarification. Not important, but I would like to know.
WWW

Let me know what he says. I would also like to know it the website is incorrect or have they change what they include in the UVW. I check Keystone site and they included the LP Gas in the CCC and not the UVW. If the website is incorrect they not only have to fix Forest Rivers but also on Primetimes site also.
__________________

__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
truck

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.