Old 10-08-2016, 09:20 AM   #1

Versa Haul

Has anybody used the product called versa haul. It is a product that attaches to the hitch receiver of your vehicle and you can put a quad or golf cart on it without the need of using a trailer.

I have a Berkshire motorhome with the 360hp 3000 trans and I wanted to start towing our Chevy suburban behind it 4 wheels down. Weight around 5800 for tow vehicle. However we want to bring a golf cart with us. So I found versa haul. What I want to do it hookup suburban to motorhome and then hookup versa haul to back of suburban and put a golf cart on there. Any one have any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

MotoxDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #2

That sounds like an idea however given the length of the vehicles you may exceed the total length allowed in your state or mine. In Idaho it is 75 feet. so Motorhome + tow bar+Suburban+versa haul sounds way long to me. JMHO

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoxDad View Post
Has anybody used the product called versa haul. It is a product that attaches to the hitch receiver of your vehicle and you can put a quad or golf cart on it without the need of using a trailer.

I have a Berkshire motorhome with the 360hp 3000 trans and I wanted to start towing our Chevy suburban behind it 4 wheels down. Weight around 5800 for tow vehicle. However we want to bring a golf cart with us. So I found versa haul. What I want to do it hookup suburban to motorhome and then hookup versa haul to back of suburban and put a golf cart on there. Any one have any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.
sounds like it'll work fine . i would just check weights that the suburban hitch will be able to carry and if with in those weight then go for it .
Old 10-08-2016, 10:18 AM   #4

Towing golf cart.

are you towing the golf cart 4down?
Old 10-08-2016, 10:25 AM   #5

the order I listed things is not correct but the length does not change. I think the versa haul would hook to the Motorhome first.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
That sounds like an idea however given the length of the vehicles you may exceed the total length allowed in your state or mine. In Idaho it is 75 feet. so Motorhome + tow bar+Suburban+versa haul sounds way long to me. JMHO

Thanks. You could be right I think it might still be ok length wise. MH-41ft, suburban-18ft, versa haul-4 ft. Tow bar not really sure maybe 3-4 ft?
Old 10-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #7

Sea dog- the order you listed was correct that's how I planned on doing it. That way the tongue weight of versa haul would be applied to suburban instead of MH.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin73 View Post
are you towing the golf cart 4down?

No. the versa haul is a platform that hooks to the hitch receiver and is off the ground.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:08 PM   #9

Just for reference: Versahaul
Old 10-08-2016, 09:22 PM   #10

Weight

I'm no expert on golf carts, but I'm guessing they weight at least 500 pounds as a gas model and probably closer to 800-900 for electric. Add that to the versalift of 130+ pounds and you are awfully close if not over the hitch rating for a static load without weight distribution, which doesn't appear to be an option.

Have you looked up your vehicle on this chart? You didn't say what year, but I didn't see more than 500 pounds for any suburban listed, which is also the limit for a class 3 hitch. You can change years using the link at the bottom.

| Versahaul