Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2016, 02:29 PM   #1

WD hitch question

I upgraded my tow vehicle to a 2013 F150 King Ranch with the ecoboost engine. This vehicle is taller than my last. I was wandering if anyone can confirm my adjustments were correct. I have a Reese pro series WD hitch. I lowered my ball one hole on the shank so it was the same height at my trailer hitch when it is level. I left the same amount of washers on it for the tilt. I also moved up one link on the chains to make them tighter. My truck and trailer are level with each other. Truck lost about 1 inch on the rear squat and gained about 3/4 inch lift on the front on the truck. I know ideally you don't want to gain any lift on the front.

Does this seem right? I watched videos and instructions on the setup and it seems ok. Question is I did not seem to need to move the spring bar location on the camper or the sway control. Is this because its being used on the same trailer as originally setup with? Or did I not do something right. Must say I love this truck. It pulls this 201BHXL like its not even back there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1349.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	123937  
zorky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch