Old 03-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #1
WDH setup

Had dealer setup Husky Centerline WDH for out trailer. Upon weighing the TV and TT, looks like I need to transfer 250 lbs. more to the steer axle. I will start by raising the L-bracket on the TT and see what this does. Understand each TV and TT are unique, but does anyone have a handle on approximately how much weight will be transferred by going up one notch on the bracket?

Will that be enough, or will I need to go up 2 notches? Any body with real world experience?

I know the scales will tell the true story....

2016 Coachmen FE292BHDSLE
2015 GMC 1500 CC 4x4 5.3L, 3.73 gears w/ Max Tow
PVFD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:55 AM   #2
I have the same hitch and had some float in the front end when using the dealer setup. I moved up one notch and it made a significant difference in handling. While i can't say exactly how much additional weight was transferred one notch does seem to effectively transfer additional weight. I weighed it after moving the bracket up so I don't have details on how much weight one notch transferred.
2015 Coachmen Apex 259BHSS 50th Anniversary
2014 Silverado 1500 Z71 CC
rjc1024 is offline   Reply With Quote