Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #21

Well I'm in Virginia now. I think I have it dialed I. Ended up moving the ball up a bit, and I hardly have any squat in the front and rear, but it settles within 1/2" as Reese says and it feels pretty good. Not sluggish at all. Tanks for all the tips.

Ironj, yes I run my tires at65 psi, I just didn't top the, off after o took it out of storage, which I probably should have before I started all the testing. The shank I have is a Reese 3215. 14,000 lb load. It is a2" though, not 2 1/2. Heavy and does the job though. .

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #22

One more thing I will check the cam positions again, I have a few times and e en though I adjusted the head of the hitch, they still line up where they need to be. But I will check them again s soon as I park someplace with everything all lined up straight.
I only get a little sway jerk when a big truck passes me, and it is very minor, but every once I. Awhile, I do get just a very slight jerk. That happened with my 1/2 ton as well, I assumed it was normal and nothing was perfect to eliminate 100% sway.

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
One more thing I will check the cam positions again, I have a few times and e en though I adjusted the head of the hitch, they still line up where they need to be. But I will check them again s soon as I park someplace with everything all lined up straight.
I only get a little sway jerk when a big truck passes me, and it is very minor, but every once I. Awhile, I do get just a very slight jerk. That happened with my 1/2 ton as well, I assumed it was normal and nothing was perfect to eliminate 100% sway.
OH Boy that last line will open a can of worms! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote