Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
chorizos338s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 22
Very nice that Duramax/allison combo are pulling machines
__________________

__________________
2007 georgetown 338se 2006 chevy Duramax 71 chevy K5
chorizos338s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #12
Member
 
Hamblen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sugar Grove, Il.
Posts: 47
I have a 2011 2500hd with the 6.0 gasser. I pull around a puma 31kbh that is easily around 9000lbs loaded. My 6.0 pulls it no problem, but I am not happy with the mileage when pulling. When cruising around 65mph I get 5 to 7mpg. Very curious to hear some feed back from someone who pulls similar weight with the new 6.6 duramax. I am aware of the new emission motors and the costs of a gas motor compared to the diesel, but if I could come close to doubling the mileage when towing and normal driving maybe it would be worth it.
__________________

__________________
Hamblen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Rebel702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV & Joplin, MO
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamblen View Post
Very curious to hear some feed back from someone who pulls similar weight with the new 6.6 duramax. I am aware of the new emission motors and the costs of a gas motor compared to the diesel, but if I could come close to doubling the mileage when towing and normal driving maybe it would be worth it.
I pull at close to 8800lbs. Lots of discussions on the forum comparing gas/diesel. My mpg ranges from 9-12.5 depending on winds and terrain. Most report averages at 10-12 w/o tuning.
__________________

Rockwood Windjammer 3002W (11/10/2011)
2011 Sierra Denali HD - Duramax/Allison
EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #14
rip
Senior Member
 
rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 343
Nice truck. You bought my dream machine. I'm jealous.
__________________
Ray
+ 2013 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
+ 2008 GMC Sierra Crew Z71
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #15
Member
 
Notuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 57
Get to actually try it out tomorrow afternoon when we head to the lake for the weekend. Stuck at work until tomorrow morning, but I'll look like a tiger let out of its cage at 8:00am.
Hooked everything up Monday to check lights, brakes, and such. Had to adjust the hitch height about an inch, as this truck sits just a little higher.
__________________
Notuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notuck View Post
Get to actually try it out tomorrow afternoon when we head to the lake for the weekend. Stuck at work until tomorrow morning, but I'll look like a tiger let out of its cage at 8:00am.
Hooked everything up Monday to check lights, brakes, and such. Had to adjust the hitch height about an inch, as this truck sits just a little higher.
Notuck that was so funny about looking like a tiger let out of its cage!! I could actually picture that!!! Take pics! We love em! Have fun!!
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #17
Member
 
Notuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 57
Well, the new has been worn off. Monday while my wife was at the dentist someone backed into the rear of the truck. Not too much damage, and he's already given me the cash to have it fixed, but here I sit at the dealership on my day off.😕
It turned three weeks old Tuesday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3568595325.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	36610  
__________________
Notuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notuck View Post
Well, the new has been worn off. Monday while my wife was at the dentist someone backed into the rear of the truck. Not too much damage, and he's already given me the cash to have it fixed, but here I sit at the dealership on my day off.dde15
It turned three weeks old Tuesday.
Oh my word you are kidding! Thank goodness that is where it hit, of all places! Three weeks old too......uggghhhhh!
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Rebel702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV & Joplin, MO
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notuck View Post
Well, the new has been worn off. Monday while my wife was at the dentist someone backed into the rear of the truck. Not too much damage, and he's already given me the cash to have it fixed, but here I sit at the dealership on my day off.��
It turned three weeks old Tuesday.
That's what I thought when my passenger side bumper got kissed by a toy-hauler pulling into his campsite. Looked like just a paint touchup until I could not drop the tailgate without crimping the edge. Then found the crack in the taillight and the crease in the back fender. $2,500 to his insurance company and my dealership is doing the work this week.

The back bumper is a two piece unit right & left. Be sure you have someone inspect it to be sure of the damage before settling with him.
__________________

Rockwood Windjammer 3002W (11/10/2011)
2011 Sierra Denali HD - Duramax/Allison
EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
zs325RES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Byron Center, MI
Posts: 337
Great looking rig, and X2 on the color choice , and the white grill is sweet looking too.
You're going to love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamblen View Post
I have a 2011 2500hd with the 6.0 gasser. I pull around a puma 31kbh that is easily around 9000lbs loaded. My 6.0 pulls it no problem, but I am not happy with the mileage when pulling. When cruising around 65mph I get 5 to 7mpg...
My 6.0 gasser gets a solid 8.5mpg pulling our 5er weighing ~12,000# at btw 60-65mph. No better than 13mpg otherwise.
__________________

__________________

2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
2006 Silverado 2500HD LT SW ECSB, 6L LQ4/4L80E 4.10s w/16K Curt slider (not necessary), Air Lift bags & Black Bear Performance tune & CAI

Norm & Karen Zondervan
zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.