Old 03-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Pickin' and singin' !
Question Weight Distribution Hitch question

I am attempting to find some info on my weight distribution hitch such as the tongue and towing weight but cant seem to find any.

It is an older Reese WD system. The numbers found on top of the shank (the part that the ball is mounted onto and slides into the hitch on my truck) is 5508-A. On the bottom of this same part are the numbers 5552 with a smaller number 5 just after that.

The bars are also Reese brand and they have the number 2221 on them.

Does anyone know where I can find info on them? I have been using them with no problems and they look larger than most of the ones I see others with while pulling the same size trailers with.

[SIZE="2"][2004 FORD 4D F150 5.4L
2006 Rockwood 2701SS by Forest River
Martin Guitar
Directv and DTV
The wife, kids and lots of Pepsi!/SIZE]
guysing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
I think that going back to their website or contacting the company by phone might be helpful. I spent some time looking for these numbers and i only found one reference and that was one that was for sale for 175 after it was bead-blasted and repainted. It was then that i noticed that it looks a lot like the one laying on my garage floor that I got with my camper when i bought it last year. It's so rusty, I couldn't tell you if the part numbers are the same or not. But you're right, it does look bigger and more heavy duty then the one's ive seen out there.

Sorry i couldnt be more help.
Where we've been:

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote