Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I,We, should be able to have our Dealers put a W/D-Sway Control hitch on our TT when we Buy from them! If they are so Confident that the Hitch they sell will Perform with the TV & Unit They sold Us,for a FREE Trial! If it works to our satisfaction, we Pay for it. If it does NOT work,they take it off and try somthing else. Then people & Dealers will have to Pony Up for a Proper hitch right off the Bat! Youroo!!
After all of the Posting I still stand by my Post # 6! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #22

That trailer is going to be nowhere near 1400lb TW. The stuff in the back of the truck has nothing to do with the WDH. Ignore it. The purpose of the WDH is to restore the weight removed from the front axle and lever approx 20% of the TW to the trailer axles. The trailer has a dry TW of 10.6%. You should try to load it to get it closer to 12, but even that may be difficult. If you load 1500lbs in the trailer (unlikely), then you are at 9500lbs. At 12% that equates to an 1140lb TW. Get the 1200lb bars.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #23
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bck4911 View Post
Hello everyone! I posted a couple weeks ago about going with an f150 ecoboost or f250 diesel to pull our new TT with. Thank you all for your responses, after much considereation we did buy the f250 super duty diesel 6.7L and have it in our garage now! Just can't wait to put it to use as soon as our TT gets done being made at the end of February!! My husband asked me to post the following message, I will forward all responses on to him. Thanks again!!

"I have a 2011 Super Duty F250 Supercrew with the 2.5” hitch and need some recommendations on a weight distribution hitch.
My trailer is the 320BHDS Coachmen Freedom Express and lists at 35’;
Its listed as 7,015 lbs. base weight with a tongue weight of 841 lbs.
It is listed on the dealers website as dry weight 7,912 with a tongue weight of 841 lbs.
We had someone reply to a previous post that wrote on the way home after picking it up, nothing in it he ran it across the scale and it weighed 8,600lbs.
I have to imagine between the stuff my wife packs and the stuff in the back of the truck we will be pushing 10,000lbs.
I currently do not have a weight distribution hitch and was looking for some recommendations and a good place to purchase.
The dealer did say they sold them but thought the options would be limited and possibly more expensive?
Any thoughts?"

Here are a few pictures of mine with the Reece Dual Cam Straight Line set-up. Note those are 1200 lb bars.

We started with the Reece Pro Series hitch with 1,000 bars and single friction bar. Not enough WDH and not enough sway control. Go big.

Really happy with how it pulls now. Put about 1K miles on it in a single trip in November. Looking forward to some long trips this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0105 (2).jpg
Views:	143
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	24288   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0106 (2).jpg
Views:	127
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	24289   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0107 (2).jpg
Views:	192
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	24290  

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #24

The OP asked about a WDHitch,he even stated that(imgine the suff my wife packs weighs ?). The Only way to set up a WDH is Know what everything (Weighs). No one knows what this trailer scales at, telling him what bars he needs is a Guessing Game that could be a Costly outcome! Youroo!!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #25
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The OP asked about a WDHitch,he even stated that(imgine the suff my wife packs weighs ?). The Only way to set up a WDH is Know what everything (Weighs). No one knows what this trailer scales at, telling him what bars he needs is a Guessing Game that could be a Costly outcome! Youroo!!
note that in the pic above, I have the same trailer.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #26

In a perfect world you could "test drive" these hitches, but we don't live in one. You make an educated guess based on the variables involved. That is the world we live in.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
note that in the pic above, I have the same trailer.
We were typeing at the same time,like I stated you found out that (Guessing) can cost money. If they (OP) load and carry the same cargo as you they should be fine to use your setup. That is in a Perfect World! Youroo!!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #28

To the OP, I believe you asked for recommendations on a hitch, and I believe I recommended the Reese Dual Cam setup. If by supporting my recommendation with "my" experiences and linking you to materials that would give you further insight to my "outside the box" thinking, I hijacked your thread, I apologize. If I answered someone's question by providing them with links that were in the material I originally linked to, and that appeared to hijack your thread, I apologize. If thinking outside the box is a violation of forum rules, as I only offered up something that "some" agree with and "some" don't then I think the idea of building a better mouse trap may be on it's dying bed. I wish you the best in your quest to find the hitch that suits you. God forbid some people peruse the mods section and put things to scrutiny!!!!

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
I have been towing for the last two season with the ProPride 3 P and it lives to it's reputation, no sway and no white knukles. From my point of view best hitch on the market for travel trailers. Go with the 1400 lbs spring bars. Here is link to ProPride:

Trailer Sway Control Hitch Guaranteed to Eliminate Trailer Sway - ProPride 3P
Wow, what is it made of, super-un-obtanium?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote