Old 06-26-2016, 01:30 AM   #11
Site Team
My hitch was the reese dual cam so I can't tell you how to adjust washers on the equalizer As I'm not as familiar with that hitch. I just know the desired results. Even playing with the hitching change your overweight issue but it might help porpoising issue.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:50 AM   #12
It looks to me like your weights all look pretty normal except you are 180 over your GVWR. I wouldn't worry about that. The one thing I see is that you are only returning 67% of the weight that comes off the front, back with WD. That isn't terrible, but is likely the source of your porpoising. I'd adjust your hitch to return more of the weight. Ideally you want to return 100%, but not more. Depending on your hitch brand, you could tighten up the chains another link, or give the hitch head a little more tilt via spacers or whatever mechanism it uses.

hunterrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #13
I ended up adding a washer to the hitch so now I have a total of 7 washers. Will see what changes this makes

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
jbhodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #14
I hadn't realized that you were working with an Equalizer. Adding another washer is the correct solution. I think you will notice the difference, both in the amount of porpoising you experience, and in the general handling of the whole rig.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:40 PM   #15
One more thing to check. With the rig parked in a level spot, if you measure from the trailer frame to the ground both front and back, the trailer should be level to slightly down in front. If the front is above level, you could lower the hitch head one bolt hole. Doing so will be equivalent to adding a washer to the head angle.

Good luck
Old 07-04-2016, 09:20 AM   #16
Here are my numbers.
Top is just my truck with myself, my son and demco hijacker hitch.

Middle is 377v attached. About 300lbs of cargo in it and total of 6 people in my truck.

Bottom is about 800lbs of "stuff", golf cart and 6 people in my truck.

I did the math but can't find the paper I wrote them on sorry.

Junior25k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 04:34 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
I would transfer a little more weight from the rear axle to the front as you are 160 lbs light on the front axle still. The idea is to get the front axle as close to unloaded weight as possible without going heavier. I wouldn't go lighter on tongue weight as that could have negative effects.
What she said.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, weight