Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #21

Hope that this will work-2004 Forest River Cherokee 27Q

My husband wants to look at a Cherokee 27Q this week, and frankly, though I love the pictures I've seen of the layout and the interior (just a fool for a pretty kitchen, that's me) I'm worried that the length might just be too much Is there any type of hitch out there that might make this vehicle work better for our expedition? . I don't want to stand between him and his dream rv, but I don't want to be spending most of our drive time in prayer and repentance because we're taking the shortcut to Judgement day.
pearlbalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #22

I'm not really familiar with that one. Is it older? Like 2008 ish? From what I saw it'll be the same as before 31 total feet with a weight that is at the max. Like before if you get a WDH set it up correctly, be careful loading it and go slow it may work out.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlbalt View Post
My husband wants to look at a Cherokee 27Q this week, and frankly, though I love the pictures I've seen of the layout and the interior (just a fool for a pretty kitchen, that's me) I'm worried that the length might just be too much Is there any type of hitch out there that might make this vehicle work better for our expedition? . I don't want to stand between him and his dream rv, but I don't want to be spending most of our drive time in prayer and repentance because we're taking the shortcut to Judgement day.

ProPride. Also, have you considered going new? Unless you are paying cash a new camper can often be had for very similar payments because of longer terms and much lower interest. Plus, no worries about how it's been taken care of or what went on inside of it.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:11 PM   #24

new vs. someone else's headache

We both have friends who are newbies like ourselves who bought trailers new and who ended up selling at a major loss. This is our way of minimizing risk. If we go a season or two and like it, then we'll consider incurring debt. We are walking a fine line here between a tt that our current vehicle can safely tow and one that is sufficiently comfortable to give this a fair shot.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #25

Suicide Saints, it's a 2004, that seems to be the vintage that is falling in our price range.